Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

@ $200.00 (-15% for student discount)

those are prob one of the best bang for your buck boots...im waiting on my pair to arrive from Jcrew

Student discount. Milk it while you can. The goddamn military doesn't even get discounts anywhere anymore...

Got my 1000 miles today!!!

Don't know about the specific designs yet. But it is going to be produced here in the USA by Don Ville and Willies shoe serivce which is both owned by Raul. I just need to know how many people are interested so Raul can call his contact in Chicago about the Horween leather.

He mostly specializes in dress shoes but I'm sure he can build a very nice pair of engineer boot or work boot. We are still talking over the designs. If you have an idea just drop me a PM. Maybe we should start another thread for this.

here is his website

http://williesshoeservice.com/

http://donville.com/ <-- he just opened his store recently so..not much pictures or a website up.

Guys help me out. I really wanna get some new boots in Austin, TX tomorrow where can I go??? Superjetset is really dead so I figured I'd post it here. Help is appreciated.

Stag is a decent shop in Austin.

I am sure there are plenty others also.

And really, the internet is your best friend. I bought a barely worn pair of Iron Rangers at a great price on the market. Unless you're barefoot i'd say buy online and save yourself a few bucks, unless you're just gung-ho about supporting your local economy.

Stag is a decent shop in Austin.

I am sure there are plenty others also.

And really, the internet is your best friend. I bought a barely worn pair of Iron Rangers at a great price on the market. Unless you're barefoot i'd say buy online and save yourself a few bucks, unless you're just gung-ho about supporting your local economy.

Stag was pretty awesome actually. I ended up getting my 1000 miles because I was tired of waiting for them hahaha

Stag was pretty awesome actually. I ended up getting my 1000 miles because I was tired of waiting for them hahaha

Don't walk back to LA in them. It's approximately 1551 miles on foot so they'd be worn out before you got there. Maybe you bought 2 pairs! :)

Ray I've been watching you sell boots on eBay, why the purging? You had more then a few I'd be stoked to have.

It's not really purging, since I still have 3 modern pairs and 4 vintage pairs that I actually put wear into. I sell the stuff that doesn't fit or that doesn't get used, since I can't justify owning that many pairs of boots. But I do have a pair or two I don't think I would ever part with.

I also sold some stuff to make room for the MFRCs, and I'm really glad I did.

I've bought from them before, and actually own those boots. The shop is usually pretty easy to deal with, and the boots are certainly not the highest quality, but they are well worth the $99.

They do run large though, and if you are in between sizes I would say go down 1. I'm an 8 1/2 and the 8 fit me well.

^Pure gorgeousness DJ! :) And great purchase Tyler - beautiful colour on those 1000 milers!

and after seeing swepea's service boots, I guess I'll buy the WWII impresssion ones before the MASH ones ;)

Thanks b_F! :) I can take some detail shots for you, but the WWII ones are definitely not as nicely finished (visually) as the Japan repros. But they're only a fraction of the cost, and are still really well made.

I will say that they are extremely uncomfortable without an insole. I sized up on mine, and it took a lot of trial & error before I found an insole that worked perfectly.