Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

The crepe soles on the RW 875 is different than the crepe soles on Clarks.. the ones that came with the 875 are called Traction Tred Cushion Crepe Wedge... but none the less, still shit.. almost got myself killed on ice a few times already

right now, deciding between

http://www.wretch.cc/blog/hope0310/11385650

or this

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.223939110984036.61840.115425345168747&type=1

leaning towards the black montagna sole

Felt like I should post this here for all of the boot guys that might not go visit the sock thread often. Around 10 people will be part of the order, so costs should stay low.

Hi guys. I'm looking to place an order with Grange Crafts for their Fair Isle socks. The only retailer I can find for them is Rakuten, so I'm going to buy from them directly and I'd be willing to proxy if anyone in the US wanted some. The Fair Isle socks are 4.5 Euro each and 55 Euro for a dozen while the rest of the socks they sell are about half that. If anyone is interested shoot me a PM. They only accept wire transfers so if anyone wants to jump in it'll be easier to do this all together, I think. Anyway....

03dcaceed1.jpg

gra-fairsle-1.jpg

http://www.grangecraft.com/socks.htm

Might be of interest to the Londoners in here who're free tomorrow, via Edward Green:

scaled.php?server=24&filename=eghandsewingnet.jpg&res=medium

"This weekend businesses on Jermyn Street will open their doors for a small festival showcasing the abundant craft and quality available in St James's - The Art of Being British.

One of our most experienced craftsmen will be visiting from Northampton to demonstrate the art of hand sewing with a pig's bristle needle and answer your questions on shoe-making. So if you've ever been curious as to how your Edward Greens have been made, this is a great opportunity to find out something more of the process - whilst enjoying a glass of award-winning English sparkling wine.

Our new collection is now available in store including an exciting collaboration with Savile Row tailor Hardy Amies. Sir Hardy wrote in his A-B-C of Men's Fashion that 'well polished shoes are essential.' We couldn't agree more and will have an expert polisher available to give tips and work on your perfect shine.

Jermyn Street will be closed to cars and filled with street entertainment. Wilton's is attempting an oyster shucking Guinness world record, Floris is demonstrating the production of their fragrances, the Ritz will be holding a dance class & St James's Church a mini-fête."

I'd like an update on any tips picked up from the expert polisher, naturally...looks like it could be a diverting day out.

In one year of checking White's seconds eBay account I haven't yet seen a pair of SD's in my size. Where are the 11.5/12D's at?

Took me over a year of waiting to find a pair which someone was selling in the style I wanted (black, single leather sole), and in my size. They are well worth the wait.