Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

Some incredible shoes here lately. Haven't bought anything new in a while, but finally just picked these up.

White's Semi Dress

Brown Chromexcel

Swing Last

Single leather with Vibram half sole

Have to say I love the roomy toe box, and the CXL leather is just amazing. Sorry for the sh*tty photos...I'm a horrible photographer.

Got these from Baker's - great people and awesome service.

5955863188_d5de8c50b8_z.jpg

5955865888_c3ff7253b4_z.jpg

5955305473_818e728ef6_z.jpg

Toe comparison with standard Semi Dress

5955868500_cf0a2f7e0d_z.jpg

Some nice boots above...take it that you're happy with the Eatons, rkusmant?

Some C&J love, these are the 'Arran' in waxy roughout, dubbed by me a few months ago:

scaled.php?server=24&filename=imag0317k.jpg&res=medium

scaled.php?server=714&filename=imag0323y.jpg&res=medium

You can see the original colour and texture of the leather on the leg of the boot, where my jeans have rubbed against the waxed leather:

scaled.php?server=18&filename=imag0325t.jpg&res=medium

Ridgeway sole, easily the best sole for non-slippiness in my experience so far, better than standard Dainite or Itshide commando:

scaled.php?server=842&filename=imag0322w.jpg&res=medium

And the Crockett & Jones family, with the 'Veldt' and 'Coniston':

scaled.php?server=17&filename=dscf2914y.jpg&res=medium

I got married two weeks ago outside on an old farm and decided early on to put together an outfit of clothes that I would wear again, not just on that occasion. This pair of redwings was available in a local store for me to try out and I couldn't find anything that I liked more, despite checking these thread for months (for pants I went with a raw pair of Acne Mic).

dsc02422m.jpg

dsc02419t.jpg

dsc02423u.jpg

Is the C&J Arran on old model perhaps? Replaced by the Snowdon?

I know some people are prejudiced against Julian boots but does anyone know if these fit true to size or size down half like RW, Alden Barrie,...

After few months wait....Amazing service by Richard, he received delivery from Factory yesterday, on my feet today.....

20110719-IMG_1068.jpg

20110719-IMG_1070.jpg

this boot are sexy...yet stunning..killer looks.tq for sharing.:cool:

AS Culford

001-27.jpg

These arrived same day as my black Stow came back from Shoehealer with a rubber cover sole and metal heel quarters . Ironically i new I needed a pair of black shoes/boots . As well as looking good with jeans they are best for formal gatherings and low and behold ... an uncle dies this week . Now I can wear my boots to his funeral tomorrow ( we weren't close!!)

DenimDad- nice semi-dress, I love a cap toe SD boot and it looks like you have a couple nice ones. I have to say i prefer the look of the standard last a little more but the Swing last is a better fit for me....I think my next pair will have to be on the Swing last again. Be sure to post some pics once they get some wear on them.

Is the C&J Arran on old model perhaps? Replaced by the Snowdon?

No, the Snowdon is a different model - the Arran isn't veldtschoen, for one, and is on the 365 compared to the Snowdon's 228.

The Arran doesn't seem to be a 'regular' C&J boot, I've only seen it online in a few places, and in a much 'dressier' guise. They did them as part of a 'Purple Collection' for the Swedish market:

scaled.php?server=39&filename=crockettjonespurplecoll.png&res=medium

And these ones from Italy:

scaled.php?server=823&filename=arranin.jpg&res=medium

Barney's also had the top one (without purple lining) for a while...not sure why they were available in the C&J shop in Birmingham without being on sale elsewhere, but they're a pretty fine boot in all their forms...

Nice Culfords, mikedbt5, they're a lot more 'chiselled' than the Coniston - I would've got them if the Coniston hadn't popped up on eBay...

HH- I don't believe they are, I've purchased two pair from them off Ebay and they seem first quality to me, never found a flaw in either of them.....and I'm damn picky (and have sent a pair back that I ordered direct from White's once for a nasty little awl scratch).

I thought they were not seconds, but haven't heard from white's yet...

A chunk of my inside welt is missing. Looks like ti was ripped off or something...

on a side note: I was shipping out my old pair of SD and there was this lady in front of me shipping a beat up looking White's Boot box! I thought how odd... as I had one too. I noticed she was wearing what looked like Alden 405's too... Anyone on here I don't know?

@rkusmant - They look great. Can't wait for mine. Are they ahead of schedule? I thought we won't see them until August.

You're on the next delivery batch, should be ready August-September...

Some nice boots above...take it that you're happy with the Eatons, rkusmant?

Yeah CTB, it's awesome....

does anyone know for sure if the White's boots on ebay are seconds?

I was told they are not, and if they are, it will be explicitly pointed out in the auction. I think most of the pairs are either overstock (for the Hathorn line stuff which is not custom made), or custom orders that people send back or don't pick up.

Earlier I found some Dogfish Head Indian Brown Ale in my pantry, so I went to their website to see if they had any food pairings. Anyways, I started watching this video and I think dude's wearing some SDs... Its quite possible that I'm wrong. Any input?

sYpmrwSEQSg

The perfect size for a manly foot.

Maybe just a smidgen on the small side...:D

Some very old, resoled Lotus (not mine), apparently almost 70 years old:

scaled.php?server=842&filename=20fr.jpg&res=medium

scaled.php?server=200&filename=21837955.jpg&res=medium

scaled.php?server=692&filename=42134382.jpg&res=medium

Slightly different design at the back to mine and Paul's, keeping the seams on the more exposed, lower half of the boot to a bare minimum (like the Tricker's veldtschoen, too):

scaled.php?server=155&filename=78368254.jpg&res=medium