Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

wood will absorb the moisture that's in your boots and send it on it's way, while rags will just soak it in, and keep it in the boot... It's better for your leather..

not really

^^Looks to me like they're rough out that's been dubbed in some places and not others. Maybe going over the lighter bits first with Obenauf's or SnoSeal and then after they've dried giving the whole boot another coat.

Thanks for the tip. I have some Obenauf's, so I think I will have a go at dubbing the rest of the boot. I'll post the results.

Great couple of pairs rkusmant!

Can't say how these will "age", but I finally got my MTO's... (thanks CTB for all the help!).

6d9dff64.jpg

ec5d64f2.jpg

a6c80e54.jpg

e37bc0c8.jpg

Always loved the comfort of the Vibram Christy sole. Interestingly, the "Moreflex" used on these looks the same, but is lighter & more flexible - perfect for this kind of boot!

thanks for the rep..

riff I'm just breaking in the Indy, for some reason this natural chromexcel wrinkles more than my brown ones. Anyway did you order your Tricker's through shoehealer? I'm still waiting for my Eaton...

Thanks guys! Yes, I went thru SH, although I had to work around getting the sole I wanted. rkusmant - the more I see that natural CXL the more they appeal!

Also, I meant to quote this too - stunning boots & pics, sweapea!!

alden1.jpg

Didn't forget, I just never do :)

Go on, would be nice to see some 'normal', non-catalogue pics of these!

Riff - loving the colour more each time I see these!

Loving both of the recent pairs of Indys, too...

Cheaney 'Cardigan', apparently from the 60s...the way the leather has aged reminds me a lot of my mate David's shoes I posted a while ago, and referenced below...

Definitely need a good clean though; want to keep the natural look of these as much as possible:

scaled.php?server=543&filename=dscf2821t.jpg&res=medium

scaled.php?server=607&filename=dscf2823.jpg&res=medium

With the C&J 'Veldt':

scaled.php?server=651&filename=dscf2827t.jpg&res=medium

David's pair, minus the faux toecap:

scaled.php?server=716&filename=imag0104x.jpg&res=medium

scaled.php?server=849&filename=imag0106f.jpg&res=medium

Taking my daughter to Carrickfergus castle this morning , calling into Robinsons shoes when I'm in the area . Will get a first look at the Cheaney Pennine . Back in Belfast later to see a rockabilly group perform in my friennds store this afternoon , might get a look into the Bureau also if I get time . Busy day ahead .

Ben , what did you think of the Webbs on ebay ?

I really like them, this is the third time he's listed them and he's only now dropped the price from his original £220. They're about the same price now as a pair of Hoggs, and with a lovely vintage shape to their lines.

George Webb's veldtschoens seem to have had a good reputation, from what I've read...he's also listing some K Shoes as being veldts, but I don't think that they really are...

CTB, so how do the Cheaney compare in quality to the Lotus and the C&J? My pair have been posted and am now playing the waiting game. The parcel Paul sent me took less than a week, the one my Mom sent me before that took a month. So I have no idea how long the shoes will take.

CTB, so how do the Cheaney compare in quality to the Lotus and the C&J? My pair have been posted and am now playing the waiting game. The parcel Paul sent me took less than a week, the one my Mom sent me before that took a month. So I have no idea how long the shoes will take.

All of them are pretty no-nonsense shoes/boots, or at least the ones I have are....difficult to make a comparison as mine are all pretty old, and I'm not sure how they've been cared for in the past, which would have a direct bearing on their perceived quality now.

Certainly, the Cheaney are the most eye-catching in the flesh (they have an 'aged wood' quality to them, if that makes sense) but the Lotus have finer lines to their design...the C&Js had been pretty neglected, and they're made of country grain and not zug, so different to the other veldts I have. The C&J and Cheaney both crap all over my Tecnic shoes for quality, though...

I'm pretty certain that the ones on their way to you are the same model as the aged ones belonging to my ex-army mate. You're in for a treat if they age as well as his...

Ha, which ones did Devlish get? fascinating that prices have taken such a hike recently. My Lotus shoes are in being re-heeled... next time round it will be a new COmmando sole, I reckon.

Did anyone else notice the new Shoehealer AS exclusive? Drool... a very classy, but no-nonsense boot. Haven't checked the pricing, but this blows a lot of the recent Tricker stuff out of the water to my mind.

sargent.jpg

Yeah, I saw them too and drooled! Lovely...

I'll leave devilish to share his shoes when they arrive, although I'm sure they're the same as David's...and I'm thinking of a commando sole on the Cheaneys, and eventually a new leather sole on the C&Js.

You getting the Lotus boots or shoes resoled with the commando?

Did anyone else notice the new Shoehealer AS exclusive? Drool... a very classy, but no-nonsense boot. Haven't checked the pricing, but this blows a lot of the recent Tricker stuff out of the water to my mind.

[/img]

I was wondering if Richard was gonna post pics of those since I figured the styling is something others would like. That's my MTO pair that I've been waiting on since beginning of February.