Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

Great pics, Riff...loving the colour of those Stows...

Paul, you can add the C&J Snowdon to the list there.

This thread has gone English boot mad! Wonderful stuff. Perhaps I should post an update on mine soon.

I tried on the Snowdon in the C&J shop in Brum, great boot and not as heavy as you might think from its appearance.

Pics would be lovely indeed!

Paul, you can add the C&J Snowdon to the list there.

This thread has gone English boot mad! Wonderful stuff. Perhaps I should post an update on mine soon.

Done. See, I'm being educated.THanks fresco.

As one of the first here to champion Brit boots.. what's your perception of the heirarchy of quality, especially of Sargents, Cheaney, C&J & Trickers?

My C&J Islay can now be added. (If you feel so inclined)

These are 3 pages of absolute boot heaven. A commando soled pair have to be next on the list but my bank account will have to grow a little first.

SC40200? Natural indigo?
usign that same denim? or something else that looks like it?
From what I've been told, he has a small supply of the exact same denim Sugar Cane used, but I only heard this in the thread.

New production 40500 from Nihon Menpu - not sure of the exact spec.ing, but visually the same as the denim on the old sc40500. I can confirm the hand once I get mine.

But I digress - lots of beautiful boots since I went to sleep!

Was given some interesting insight into AS by Mr. Shoe Healer - but from the discussion it seems my needs would be better met by a Tricker Grasmere in black scotch (anyone of one of these? pics please, pretty please?)

I'll send you the correspondence, but the general gist is that:

* Recent rumours partly true

* MTO program still ongoing

* AS hand-grade shoes ongoing as well

* Yes, there is an increase in pricing

* But also a step up in the quality of shoes

Guess they're aiming for a more upmarket niche - perhaps less shoes, but better shoes.

AS's new hand-grade collection is to compete with EG and G&G, etc, whilst the less expensive Exclusive collection aimed at C&J's hand-grade shoes.

Feed it nice food once in a while (avoid most products branded 'boot oil', go with pure & natural ingredients), brush regularly with natural hairs, wipe with slightly damp cloth when necessary. I don't do much else...

My dad has the Snowdon, he bought them because he spends his days walking the welsh coast. They are or were at the time, the heaviest C&J available.

A for a hierarchy, I've always seen it as>

Church's > Cheany and Church's as now owned by a huge French fashion house are not what they used to be.

Trickers > Sargent, although I know Sargent have some higher quality lines.

C&J use a finer quality hide than all of those and are closer to EG in quality. I have always preferred the shape of C&J country boots over Trickers.

Riff, that is a wonderful collection. The coniston is such a perfect boot!

Those loggers are things of beauty...that espresso is a favourite of mine, in normal calf or scotch grain.

Popped into the refined environment of the C&J shop in town today to try the Coniston 'for size' (ha!). They had a Harlech boot on display, in Horween cordovan.

Apparently, C&J are the second biggest buyer from Horween for shoemaking cordovan, after Alden. Horween only have select customers and a minimum quota for each order, which is why so few people use the leather. The shop manager was saying that Edward Green buy their cordovan from C&J when they need it.

Then, bizarrely, he asked for recommendations for a good local tattooist, as his best friend wanted to get one for his 40th birthday...:D