Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

Roguls

I would be interested in buying another Modified Alden pair.

would it be similar to the model you posted? Is that cigar shell cordovan? They look pretty good but need leather soles instead of the neoprene imo.

No, that's #8. There is a pic of a cigar plain toe boot in this thread somewhere. Go to the link to the StyleForum thread and get on the list - there are many other pics there of Modified Last boots. I thought those boots would be most appealing to this crowd, so I used that pic. Here's one of a leather soled version:

CAPTOEBOOTBLACKCORDOVAN.jpg

BOOTSRAVELLOCORDOVAN.jpg

I can't believe how comfortable and sturdy these boots are. Got these Wolverine 1000 miles a couple of weeks ago and i still find myself stopping other tasks to look at them regularly.

SAhLql.jpg

(FYI I got these at Mackenzie Tribe in Portland Maine - changing to "Portland Dry Goods." They are moving to carrying Red Wings instead of Wolverines so all their Wolverines are 50% Off (!) Not sure how much stock is left, i got these about a week and a half ago.)

1000 miles just hangin out

jMIGJl.jpg

No fuss just like this boots..sharing is caring

Lone wolf wireman

g640c.jpg

g640a.jpg

lw01785-119_1.jpg

Turntabloid, nice indys ..& horse oil manage to bring the glory.

sorry for large image.peace

sorry for the plug but i figured someone here would be interested. some things have come up and i need to sell my sd's. about 2 weeks of wear. size 8d, brown chrome excel, antique hardware, double stitching, double leather sole, lower block heel. will be putting them up in the market for a good price. hit me up if you're interested.

exactly like these but with double leather:

af6060a7.jpg

b4c37e66.jpg

^nice 8111. Love mine as well...

14 weeks in my 877:

sany2486.jpg

Nice RW mock toe shoes ..and still standing

Max how you do it (honeycomb).:D.

having owned both, id say it depends on what you want.

Thousand miles are better out of the box and have a much higher quality leather but arent as durable comparatively. They have very thin soles that wear out fast but are incredibly comfy and dont need any breaking in.

Red Wings take an age to break in but are built to last much longer and will go much farther without repairs and will be cheaper to do when you have to. The red wing leather is not very high quality but looks pretty cool when its damaged

In terms of style wolverine are a lot less workwear so if ur going for the workwear look go for the Red Wings, redwings are also going to serve you better if you want to wear your boots every day for say, a year.

The leather on the 1k is REALLY nice. I've resigned myself to having to get them resoled fairly soon. My GT's kicked my ass for about 3 months and still can't be worn for more than 1.5-2 miles without becoming a serious pain in the ass.