Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

Looks great crash. Did you wear out the burford sole or not get on with leather? How much was the resole from trickers?

Thanks!

The leather sole was super-slippery, even for leather, so got it changed to something different as I like to walk fast and didn't fancy going for a burton into the canal on a rainy day whilst on my way to work!

Cost £50 from the Shoe Healer, including return postage.

Great stuff CTB . Like yourself I have really went for rubber over leather sole . The UK weather dictates it !!! The Eaton are fantastic , have to spread . Local Trickers retailer has a Stow in tan scotch grain with a commando sole which I really like , going to look again this weekend .

Guest rusholmeruffian

If you go over a certain weight with Royal Mail, the item is no longer a "small packet" (reasonable airmail charges) but switches to a "parcel" with a whole new charging system through parcelforce worldwide.

The issue is: if the weight goes over 2.5kg, you have to switch to parcel force at a much more expensive rate. If your package was 2.4kg then it is close. They shop them separately so they can have one shipping method for all international orders and one price for all customers regardless of what might tip them over weight

I don't think that is too unreasonable.

I'm sure they will replace any missing boots.

I'm soliciting interest in Alden's Modified Last. I've seen a few posters with great boots/shoes on this insanely comfortable last, and I found out some disheartening information about it: Alden doesn't allow US retailers to create and order makeups in Shell Cordovan on this last. So, I'm looking to write a letter and attach a petition. If you're interested, go here: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=234635

I've also got a full post in superdenim - just looking to find as many interested parties as possible (strength in numbers thing).

Here is a boot on the modified last:

NEOPRENNEBOOTCORDOVAN8.jpg