Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

I have a pair of British tan semi-dress on order with the 269 sole, leather lining, and all eyelets. I decided I needed a basic pair of semi-dress on a rubber sole so I could wear them in all weather conditions without worry. Also have seen some pics of this color and really liked it but have never seen it in person so figured it was a good time to give it a try.

That's it for now though. I also sold 2 pair of Alden's over the weekend but I'm not looking to replace those, just trim down the collection. I decided 9 pair of good boots was just too many, some were not getting the wear they deserved. I'm going to try and stick to 5-6 pair probably....though once my new White's come in I'll be sitting at 7 still I think....

Last package I was sent from home (UK) took almost 4 weeks to arrive. I'd just about given up on ever seeing it. Royal Mail can suck major ass sometimes.

If I remember correctly don't they ship them in two packages as well, for some strange reason. Let's hope they both arrive together and soon.

Took my Alden Roy boots to get resoled and have some repairs done. Really pleased with the outcome. They buffed them to a high sheen which I am not in love with but don't mind... it will wear off quickly the way I wear my boots.

IMG_1662.JPG

IMG_1672.JPG

IMG_1668.JPG

IMG_1670.JPG

They had to build a proper heel

IMG_1671.JPG

IMG_1665.JPG

I was wearing through the inner heel because the boots stretched out so they glued and sewed in a piece of leather on the inside to cover the holes.

IMG_1666.JPG

I may be mistaken on this but I'm pretty sure that someone on here got their William Lennon's in two packages. Something about avoiding overweight shipping costs.

Shit if you get them that's one better than me, they never answered my emails at all, so I gave up.

Took my Alden Roy boots to get resoled and have some repairs done. Really pleased with the outcome. They buffed them to a high sheen which I am not in love with but don't mind... it will wear off quickly the way I wear my boots.

IMG_1662.JPG

IMG_1672.JPG

IMG_1668.JPG

IMG_1670.JPG

They had to build a proper heel

IMG_1671.JPG

IMG_1665.JPG

I was wearing through the inner heel because the boots stretched out so they glued and sewed in a piece of leather on the inside to cover the holes.

IMG_1666.JPG

whos your cobbler buddy?

I'm getting old with waiting on my William Lennons.....shipped on the 4th and they won't provide a tracking # or respond to my emails? WTF???!!!!

Have you seen their factory? It's Victorian.

I had a bit of a delay with mine, and got annyoed they didn't respond to my emails, but I was wrong. They're old school, I think you need to be patient, but it's worth it.

And yes, sending each boot separately saves a fortune in shipping.

INternational post is so random, I had a book arrive in France on the second day after posting, but it's taking aged to the US at the mo, I sold a jacket here took well over three weeks to arrive.

Use the phone. Old fashion boots, old fashion ways.

Ah yes, I see someone put it much better than I di.

They ship them in two packages overseas because royal mail have a weight limit on parcels. Unless you prefer paying in the region of $70-100 for parcel force.

Sounds like Royal Mail is a rip off...I can mail a pair of boots in the same box to England for less than $30. I think I paid 30 pounds shipping as it is. Call them? I guess I'll have to...

If you send an email to the address they've got listed on the site you will NEVER get a reply. I've had success emailing Dan there directly and gotten timely replies. Send me a PM and I can give you the email address.

I've got an order I placed on the 10th, they said it would be 5 weeks till they are ready to ship.

Somewhat earlier than expected (six weeks instead of the twelve week lead time I was given), these are the Tricker's Eaton I had made-to-order from the Shoe Healer...based heavily on a boot I saw on the Leather Soul website:

dscf2189x.jpg

dscf2177j.jpg

dscf2176u.jpg

Also received the resoled Burfords, now with a Victory sole unit:

dscf2182d.jpg

They did a great job of stretching out the sides of these, too...

dscf2184.jpg