Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

Thanks everyone for the good feedback on the Whites rebuild.. they are working out nice for me this week..

i got an order of some some swatches from them, for a new pair in Black.

interesting to see that some are thinner 5oz and others are thicker 7oz thickness depending on their tanning style.

question:

What are White's owners favorite Black tanned leathers?

-French Calf

-Horween Chromexel

-Oiled

-Elk

-ect ect

has anyone seen their horsehide on an actual boot?

thanks..

I really like the regular dress leathers. I think the black looks great. I have to confess I'd go with brown though.

Thanks everyone for the good feedback on the Whites rebuild.. they are working out nice for me this week..

i got an order of some some swatches from them, for a new pair in Black.

interesting to see that some are thinner 5oz and others are thicker 7oz thickness depending on their tanning style.

question:

What are White's owners favorite Black tanned leathers?

-French Calf

-Horween Chromexel

-Oiled

-Elk

-ect ect

has anyone seen their horsehide on an actual boot?

thanks..

^I don't think they're the same davi, I think the dress is shinier and the oiled is more muted. Not positive though.

I think morse's are distressed roughout.

Yessir, my oxfords are distressed and my SJ's are brown. I wished they had a lighter color roughout though, a really light brown like on a buck shoe. They now have a desert sand roughout SD on Baker's, but that seems a little too light/almost white.

Was out in San Francisco and got my cigar shell Plaza last cap toe shoes extremely wet. For some reason, that caused a tremendous amount of bloom:

253387652.jpg

Unfortunately, after everything dried out and wiping away the bloom, the leather seemed very dry. I did a tremendous amount of brushing, which thankfully dramatically improved their appearance:

img3247sized.jpg

You can still see the damaged leather around the toes and around the edges. After some consultation with Tom, I have some Renovateur coming from LSBH that will hopefully recondition the leather. If not, I'll send them back to Alden for a full refurbishing to see what they can do.

Luckily, while that pair is out of commission, I have an alternate pair. While in SF, I popped into the Alden store hoping to find a cigar shell belt (which surprisingly they had.) They also happened to have a cigar shell cap toe on the Aberdeen last, which I wasn't planning to pick up, but when someone's got cigar shell in your size, it's a little hard to pass it up. :-)

img3257sized.jpg

They also happened to have a cigar shell cap toe on the Aberdeen last, which I wasn't planning to pick up, but when someone's got cigar shell in your size, it's a little hard to pass it up. :-)

img3257sized.jpg

drool... how do you like the aberdeen? i haven't even had the opportunity to try one on before.

beautiful shoes amlai (and sucks what happened to your other pair)

im still looking for this dream boot (anyone knows if there is a makeup like this available somewhere?)

- Alden cigar shell cordovan boot 6"

- antique edge soles

- double leather oiled soles

- captoe

- trubalance or barrie last

I dunno what the policy is if they don't fit or if you don't like them. They are custom orders but White's are generally willing to work things out.

If anyone is a US 9 and looking for white's.... check my sig (again)

GT are from Redwing.

So who here has the SD lined? I'm debating on getting mine lined.

Pros/cons?

I'm so close to ordering these now....

That is the one concern I have with them living in Los Angeles.

I have the Ultimate Indy's lined and feel they get a little hot in the summer time, but can live with it.