Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

I have been wearing them all morning, and i must say these are SUPER comfortable compared to the hell i went through with my original boot set-up..

:D

i dont know if that is because the leather upper is already broken in from initial my 2 week marathon of 45 blocks of daily walking,

or my high-arch just works right out of the box with the Arch Ease support, regardless

i am in absolut love..

White's rebuilding craftsmanship really impressed me with a full rebuild, (at $195) they removed everything and redid the whole bottom half.

Must give a big shot out thanks to Riff and Morse along with the rest, thanks again for all those on this forum who have helped me with getting my knowledge up and helping me with endless questions on Whites, and most importantly sharing their beautiful snaps with all of us as well..

Whites_Bounty_Hunters_004.jpg

Congrats man - I think they really look great and most importantly, they fit you well.

I honestly think they look better with this type of heel than the 'Bob the Builder' single piece Vibram you had on the original northwestern last.

I suspect you'll end up wearing them all the time.

Okay... I've been putting it off for years now, but I think I'm ready for a pair of Semi Dress.

I've been working a few weekends to save up...

I'm thinking their standard brown, fairly stock boots. Debating on speed lace as my Aldens get caught once in while.

I like the spit sole (what's that called?)

Natural sides.

what else should I do or look for when ordering these?

Open for thoughts....

Okay... I've been putting it off for years now, but I think I'm ready for a pair of Semi Dress.

I've been working a few weekends to save up...

I'm thinking their standard brown, fairly stock boots. Debating on speed lace as my Aldens get caught once in while.

I like the spit sole (what's that called?)

Natural sides.

what else should I do or look for when ordering these?

Open for thoughts....

Select eyelets color. They come in nickel, brass and antique. Also black smaller ones which I never saw.

Select if you want all eyes or eyes and speed hooks.

Select heel. Block or cuban. 1/4" lower is also available.

Select sole. Leather (single, double or triple). vibram: 700, 705 (my favorite. you call it split sole), 269, 100 or 430.

Select trim. Close trim or standard. (how many rows of welt stitching).

Select edge. Natural, Brown or Black.

Good luck!

my white's semi dress - brown chromexcel

going on day five, still a little tight around the ball and pinky on my right foot, but I think its gonna be ok. hopefully. They're definitely the coolest boots I have.

5526834501_a6380d1635_z.jpg

5527426152_0a8e8d55e7_z.jpg

lovely boots erk!

glad the new soles worked out for you davichan ! they look great on you (although im still a fan of the 'bob the builder' makeup)

ps nobody has a pair of red wing 8136 or 8160 for sale? i need a size 8 (maybe 7.5 if they fit like GTs)

my white's semi dress - brown chromexcel

going on day five, still a little tight around the ball and pinky on my right foot, but I think its gonna be ok. hopefully. They're definitely the coolest boots I have.

Those are nice. I've got a pair of brown bullhide that'll hopefully be here in a few weeks.

thanks Denim...

Erk.

I think those are exactly what I want, just darker.. I'd love Horse, but can't get it here in the states...

Did you go a whole size down than normal.

thanks Denim...

Erk.

I think those are exactly what I want, just darker.. I'd love Horse, but can't get it here in the states...

Did you go a whole size down than normal.

yeah, that was what white's fit me in. Even after I wasnt sure about the fit and sent in a foot tracing, they still suggested a 10.5 C - So I've just been trying to break them in. They're pretty tight around the ball with my thick smartwools on, but with thin wool socks they're actually pretty comfy. We'll see how this goes.

I wonder if this doesn't work out what my options would be for a rebuild. If white's would build the shoes on a new larger last. But I'm still hopeful that they will feel fine.

Also, I can't recommend the brown chromexcel enough. its fantastic.

Honestly they're fantastic looking. I just have two pairs of brown boots and liked that their dress brown is very dark, and I forget who has a pair of the SD in brown but they look almost black without being black boots...

How long from order to delivery was it?

Honestly they're fantastic looking. I just have two pairs of brown boots and liked that their dress brown is very dark, and I forget who has a pair of the SD in brown but they look almost black without being black boots...

How long from order to delivery was it?

They were ordered January 8th, and arrived on Feb. 15th. - So about 6 weeks. That's about what they told me.

and yeah, I do really like the regular semi dress leather too.

the arch support is super addicting btw...no joke.