Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

^ But they are very comfortable soles..... :D

Besides, if some random stranger gets close enough to the sole of my boots to see logos, the chances are that the subsequent concussion will make him forget... :P

All joking aside though, I can't say I was ever a fan of fabric/leather combos for boots - with the exception of Russell's safari boots, and the 'nam boot.

marineabilly, more pictures of those engineers pls!

denimjunky; those whites look similar to what i will order sometime this year

but id go with regular welt stitching, black heel and brown chrome excel

@ those vibergxIH; well, im not really a fan of the combination denim x leather. I definitely don't like the IH tag on the denim upper of the boot, makes it look tacky. Text on the soles is pretty funny; very engrish like :D

I had been thinking of purchasing a commando soled boot since xmas and all the bloody snow . Got messed around by a local retailer on a pair of Cheaney Pennine but ended up with these , a pair of Sanders Cheltenham . Fantastic boots for the price , £175 . Really pleased with these and would recommend them and the online retailer , brogueshoes.co.uk from Edinburgh . James was very helpful in our numerous calls ,first rate service .

003-6.jpg

004-3.jpg

mikedbt5, if you're still looking for the Pennines, then keep an eye on this site:

http://www.robinsonsshoes.com/cheaney-shoes/cheaney-boots-pennine-231-93-.php

They seem to reduce the price randomly, sometimes full price, sometimes 15% or 20% off...I chose the Grasmere over these because the Cheaneys don't seem as sturdy as the Tricker's model, and the Cheaney/Church's shoes I've handled have been nice, but not nice enough to justify the asking price...

mikedbt5, if you're still looking for the Pennines, then keep an eye on this site:

http://www.robinsonsshoes.com/cheaney-shoes/cheaney-boots-pennine-231-93-.php

They seem to reduce the price randomly, sometimes full price, sometimes 15% or 20% off...I chose the Grasmere over these because the Cheaneys don't seem as sturdy as the Tricker's model, and the Cheaney/Church's shoes I've handled have been nice, but not nice enough to justify the asking price...

I ordered the Pennines from them , they said they had them in stock and then a couple of days later they didn't ! They seem very disorganised , ironinically they are located about 11 miles from me . Fancied the Grasmere but couldnt justify £325 , also I do have a preference for brogues .