Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

My current everyday boot, I know they're not flash but they're as comfortable as a sneaker and appear to be pretty well constructed.

62f0b640.jpg

I have a pair of these. Perfect for wandering around the city all day. Very cushioned, very comfortable

I've had these for a little over a year, but they were clearly owned for many many years before they came into my possession. I am not sure exactly how old they are, or even who made them, but these just show how great shell cordovan keeps looking. I think the eyelets originally matched the Number 8 color based on what paint remains.

<a  href=http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1218/5161176195_ecef3bf9ca_z.jpg' alt='5161176195_ecef3bf9ca_z.jpg'> Picture 329 by ray.wendolowski, on Flickr[/img]]

Nice!

Those look like Alden for Brooks Brothers to me.

You should send them to Alden for re-crafting. They put a brand new sole on, re-line the interior, dye and polish the cordovan, and throw in a pair of shoe trees for around $140. I'd say it's getting to be that time- try not to go much longer without treatment.

How did you guys find the Abington sizing? I hate any extra room in my footwear and I am between whole sizes.

Seems like a great winter boot.

If you hate any extra room then definitely size down half a size from your regular, they fit a little roomy. Personally I like the extra room for some thick winter socks (man, I sound old).

If you hate any extra room then definitely size down half a size from your regular, they fit a little roomy. Personally I like the extra room for some thick winter socks (man, I sound old).

I wound up getting a half size bigger than usual and that works for me. They do make decent winter boots, with wool or boot socks they keep the feet warm. The sole doesn't offer a lot of traction on snow, but for general cold weather wear they are aces.

Does White's offer medaillon cap toes? Ive seen some Whites for the Japanese market which have it but I don't see it as an option with Bakers.

Checked with Viberg for a custom built, would cost me 682$ on the dot; a bit more than i was hoping for...

How did you guys find the Abington sizing? I hate any extra room in my footwear and I am between whole sizes.

Seems like a great winter boot.

runs kinda big .. not really great in snow weather .. last years blizzard used it to go out .. i was slipping all over the place .. ended up using my wabashas to walk in the snow

My current everyday boot, I know they're not flash but they're as comfortable as a sneaker and appear to be pretty well constructed.

62f0b640.jpg

do you (or anyone) have pics of the abingtons worn with pants/jeans?

always wondered how they looked worn

Restoration? Already? Has the sole worn down?

Also, when you send it in for a restoration, is there an option on what type of sole you want on there?

do you (or anyone) have pics of the abingtons worn with pants/jeans?

always wondered how they looked worn

Next time I wear them I'll snap a picture.

^Yes, White's oxford in distressed roughout. I love mine.

Do it Fresco, if you love traction. It'll change the look of the shoe drastically, in a good way imo.

quick question:

saw these on the hukurokuju blog for the first time and i was wondering, is that the only place to get this "chrome excel #8 " color semi dress? or can i order it from a place like bakers or white's directly, or anywhere else?

White's does chrome excel, and they'll pretty much do any shoe in any leather as long as they have it in stock. Contact baker shoes or white's directly

That roy leather sole piece wears down hella quick. I was thinking of a different sole for mine when they need it. Honey lug might be nice.

But does Alden give you a choice of sole when you send it back?