Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

If a new pattern needs to be made, there may be an upcharge."

If the shape of your foot falls outside of 99.9% of people, they will charge you $100 to basically create a last especially for your foot, which is better service than 99% of shoe companies. Most manufacturers, if you have a strange shaped foot...then shop somewhere else.

im in the market for a pair of black boots, that arent too expensive. so far ive looked at the wolverine 1000 mile boot and the rw iron ranger.are there any other nice boots around 300usd ? tips are very welcome!

I just picked up a pair of the Red Wings 9014 Beckman 6" round toe's in black that I'm VERY pleased with. So pleased in fact that I just ordered the black cherry ones as well. Some initial discomfort as they're breaking in is well worth it.

Does anyone have contact information for moto? Size "2" is around 5 sizes too small for me.

Good luck. He won't respond to outsiders because he can't deliver the customer service that he wishes to provide. He doesn't want to sell shoes to someone who can't try them on and know that they fit proper.

What size shoes do you wear?

I wear a 2 in MOTOs, an 8.5 in Aldens with a Barrie last, and an 8.5 in White's Farmer Ranchers.

Good luck. He won't respond to outsiders because he can't deliver the customer service that he wishes to provide. He doesn't want to sell shoes to someone who can't try them on and know that they fit proper.

I wear a 2 in MOTOs, an 8.5 in Aldens with a Barrie last, and an 8.5 in White's Farmer Ranchers.

I'm generally a 12.5/13 in US Sizing. 12 in desert boots/gentleman travellers/whites. I really want those Motos. :(

I'm generally a 12.5/13 in US Sizing. 12 in desert boots/gentleman travellers/whites. I really want those Motos. :(

A size 3 equates to (27 ~ 28cm). I think a 12 US is about 28cm. It's an expensive gamble, but well worth it if they fit. I love my MOTOs and can't wait to pick up another pair in a handful of weeks.

You saying you don't like MOTO?

Do a 180, man.

sorry man, don't wanna step on anyone's toes here, imho they both look very nice and the design is quite similar, I have no clue of how they compare in quality though...

Seriously?

http://www.chukai.ne.jp/~motos/leather-silver/item/item-top.html

Maybe the monkey boots are a bad example, but Trickers can't hold a candle to MOTO.

This shit is art.

You should see his leatherjackets.

I really wouldn't do this unless you get an opportunity to try them on if i were you.

I'm a 9 and my desert boots in size 2 fits like a glove, but i wouldn't want them any smaller.

Damn, it's a shame you can't order from him directly...

A size 3 equates to (27 ~ 28cm). I think a 12 US is about 28cm. It's an expensive gamble, but well worth it if they fit. I love my MOTOs and can't wait to pick up another pair in a handful of weeks.

I wear a US11 in 875's and that's supposed to be 29cm.

I can wear a 10.5 in RW GT's without my insoles, my feet measure 28.3cm, so I think a US12 is a bit bigger then 28cm... :rolleyes:

Do a 180, man.

Seriously?

http://www.chukai.ne.jp/~motos/leather-silver/item/item-top.html

Maybe the monkey boots are a bad example, but Trickers can't hold a candle to MOTO.

This shit is art.

You should see his leatherjackets.

thanks for linking his page, he does have amazing stuff and I'm sure the qaulity is second to none.

I like the interior design of his wallets alot.

however, purely based on design, I think his monkeyboots and the trickers monkeyboots resemble eachother:

trickers.jpg

btw, where do you guys get your MOTO stuff from?

I am considering the coincase he makes and maybe a wallet...

I'm afraid the shoes might be a tad too small for me

I'm the source. I visited the moto store in Tokyo last year and since making a purchase there, I am able to have them ship to me now. I was able to hook up Opie cause he wears the same size as me. I'm going back at the end of next month....I could probably grab a wallet or coin case while I am there.

I think in both cases, money isn't really the problem, availability is...

well with the trickers it is for sure...

sorry man, don't wanna step on anyone's toes here, imho they both look very nice and the design is quite similar, I have no clue of how they compare in quality though...

By the way, just to let you know, Trickers monkey boots are a Japan exclusive. Unless they finally decided to sell them elsewhere.

I'm the source. I visited the moto store in Tokyo last year and since making a purchase there, I am able to have them ship to me now. I was able to hook up Opie cause he wears the same size as me. I'm going back at the end of next month....I could probably grab a wallet or coin case while I am there.

seriously? that would be awesome man, be sure to let me know :D

By the way, just to let you know, Trickers monkey boots are a Japan exclusive. Unless they finally decided to sell them elsewhere.

yeah I know, that's why I said availability is a major issue, otherwise I woulda proxied a pair from rakuten ages ago.

they seem to always be sold out whenever I look and I'm starting to have my doubts if they are even made in my size...

The rest of my boot lineup for Fall...

Grenson Fred. Just started giving these guys some wear now that it's starting to cool off.

fall10boots_grenson-500x333.jpg

fall10boots_grenson_2-500x333.jpg

Alden 405. I posted about these before; they've been given a polish with black thread to take away some of the contrast on the stitching.

fall10boots_alden405-500x333.jpg

Wolverine Ascot. These have about 4 months of wear on them; I retired them for the summer but they're back out again. Wiped down and polished once; they've held up quite well.

fall10boots_wolverine1kascot_1-500x333.jpg

fall10boots_wolverine1kascot_2-500x333.jpg

Just picked up my 405s and LS #8 Jumper Boots from Greg at Eddie's Shoe Repair in Sherman Oaks. As always, he's speedy, reasonably priced, and the work is spot on, and exactly as specified, which has been a big problem with shoe repair guys for me in the past. I got another pair of orthopedic Cat's Paw heels for my 405s and J. Redenbach heels for my Jumper Boots...after 3 hours on the Redenbachs (and honestly, just getting to touch them a little bit) I will definitely be using their soles for all my future leather resoling needs. Pictures to come shortly.

Damn, it's a shame you can't order from him directly...

I wear a US11 in 875's and that's supposed to be 29cm.

I can wear a 10.5 in RW GT's without my insoles, my feet measure 28.3cm, so I think a US12 is a bit bigger then 28cm... :rolleyes:

thanks for linking his page, he does have amazing stuff and I'm sure the qaulity is second to none.

I like the interior design of his wallets alot.

however, purely based on design, I think his monkeyboots and the trickers monkeyboots resemble eachother:

trickers.jpg

btw, where do you guys get your MOTO stuff from?

I am considering the coincase he makes and maybe a wallet...

I'm afraid the shoes might be a tad too small for me

That front, because i assume that's what you are talking about, is simply how monkey boots look.

It's all in the details :P

I especially can't stand the lip on those.

Just a little vouch for this mans reliability and 'service'

Just picked up my 405s and LS #8 Jumper Boots from Greg at Eddie's Shoe Repair in Sherman Oaks. As always, he's speedy, reasonably priced, and the work is spot on, and exactly as specified, which has been a big problem with shoe repair guys for me in the past. I got another pair of orthopedic Cat's Paw heels for my 405s and J. Redenbach heels for my Jumper Boots...after 3 hours on the Redenbachs (and honestly, just getting to touch them a little bit) I will definitely be using their soles for all my future leather resoling needs. Pictures to come shortly.

awaiting pictures anxiously :D

That front, because i assume that's what you are talking about, is simply how monkey boots look.

It's all in the details :P

I especially can't stand the lip on those.

not a fan of the lip either, but the rest of the shoes look perfect imo, offcourse as I didn't see them in the flesh, can't say much on details...

that front is indeed how monkeyboots look, but the toebox is very nice looking on the trickers and the moto's while on alot of other brands I've seen, I found the toebox to be too round, too bulgy, too bubbly, I dunno, just not as nice as on the trickers or the moto's...

They're not a Japan exclusive. They're readily available through the MTO program!

would you care to elaborate on that? do they work off foot tracings by any chance?

would you care to elaborate on that? do they work off foot tracings by any chance?

I'm not sure about foot tracings and such, but the standard Tricker's monkey boot last is 5402R.

It fits true to size.

eg. I'm 8D in Alden Barrie last and for the monkey boot I'm 8UK 5 width(medium)

monkeyboots.jpg

These are mine, made in Tan scotch grain with red dainite sole.