Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

4973273526_6dce863bf9_z.jpg

just got these Chippewa's, super comfy and very beautiful in person. these are my first engineer boots, i'm more accustomed to lace up boots.. so i had a question. is it normal for the upper part to fit slightly loosely? i mean, it's kind of loose above the ankle (even on the smallest hole on the upper leather strap).

Sorry, only just noticed the question. The colour wasn't listed when I bought these but I"m pretty sure they're Marron. I think the Acorn is beautiful, too.

Those Skye are gorgeous, a very different feel to the Stow. My tricker's were £150 from their eBay shop, a great investment considering how they're wearing in. I'm being careful to ignore comments from coleslawyum and fresco about the C&J, as otherwise my Stow will simply be a gateway drug to more expensive items...

Don't worry Paul, £150 for the best Stow colour is a great bargain. I had a pair in expresso and they are indeed a very different beast to the Skye. Buy some C&J in northampton sometime. Bargain boots are there to be had with a little luck.

4973273526_6dce863bf9_z.jpg

just got these Chippewa's, super comfy and very beautiful in person. these are my first engineer boots, i'm more accustomed to lace up boots.. so i had a question. is it normal for the upper part to fit slightly loosely? i mean, it's kind of loose above the ankle (even on the smallest hole on the upper leather strap).

How does the sizing work on those chippewa's?

Came today. They are much darker than on the pictures on the web-shop I bought it from. But that's no problem as I dub them anyways. And I was surprised how small they look in reality.

Glad they came with the rivet, which wasn't featured on the pics.

P1000962.jpg

Now let the fun begin

P1000966.jpg

they look really nice man! where did you get them from if you dont mind my asking?

what size is your bounty?

youa lready got a bounty right why not go for something else? not a semi dress

My BH are 9E, I think if anything they are on the snug side. I do really like the SD in dress leather.... hard to resist, although I would like something in roughout, maybe some oxfords.

How does the sizing work on those chippewa's?

I got a size 9.5 in these Chippewa boots and they are very comfortable. none of my other boots are this comfy. for comparison, i wear 9 in Redwing GT, 9.5 in Clarks desert boots, 9.5 in chucks, 10 in doc martens. you could PM me if you have any specific questions.

Please check out my new Alden blog: The Agatine Eyelet

http://theagatineeyelet.wordpress.com/

This will be a place for me to share my obsession for Aldens with the world. My observations on styles and trends, resources for care and maintenance, pictures, opinions, interviews with key players, etc.

I hope you like it and please pass it on if you do.

Thanks!

Does anyone have a visual comparison of the different lasts? I'd like to have one point that I could see what the toe boxes and other prominent differences look like.

Jason - you may be the right person who could do that