Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

uhhh are those shoe worthless? if they are just regular ae's throiw them away and get some aldens

I was under the impression that Allen Eds are on par with Aldens, Are aldens that much better?? if so, How are they better?? I have the alden cigars and indys , but i really can't tell that much difference... lol educate me?

Those engineer boots are amazing, everything from the height to the toe shape looks spot on.

Damnit, Ed - if those Vibergs fit me, I would've taken 'em off your hands when you first announced them. At that price, I don't understand why someone hasn't snatched them up. Good luck, man!

Cheers!!

I like them a lot. I found a nice pair of black ones from the 50's with army soles on them at the flea market, but the guy wanted way, way, way too much for them...

the hardware almost looks copper on yours... is it brass?

brass hardware. good engineer boots are unfortunately popular with the fashionistas so prices are insane right now.

I like them a lot. I found a nice pair of black ones from the 50's with army soles on them at the flea market, but the guy wanted way, way, way too much for them...

the hardware almost looks copper on yours... is it brass?

brass hardware. good engineer boots are unfortunately popular with the fashionistas so prices are insane right now.

Wherever do you get your wonderful toys, Grant. Those boots are sick.

yes... 1200 is above what I pay. Once they find out how heavy they are to walk in them, hopefully that fad will fade.... and they'll go back to mall boots.

super nice pick up!

stop with these boots! You're killing me....

I need one more pair and would love a real pair of wwii brown jump or garrison...

I sold my repro's and need a real pair to replace them...

speaking of boots... what ever happened to those wolverines? They were all the rage for a minute then I don't see anything... not even fit pics...

speaking of boots... what ever happened to those wolverines? They were all the rage for a minute then I don't see anything... not even fit pics...

Those went out with the trash like every other "hot" boot in this thread. You've been watching this thread long enough to know that people in here subscribe to the newest trendy boot someone found on some obscure website some where.

I've been wearing my RW Engineer boots for the past couple weeks, even in the desert heat, and they are great.

Personally, I subscribe to whatever looks good to me. I found a pair of used Wolverine 1000 miles recently, and I love them. I don't care if people on here say they're a marketing gimmick or whatever it is everyone complains about. (True, I wouldn't spend $325 on them, but that's because I'm frugal in general.) They're incredibly comfortable and some of the most beautiful boots I've seen. I just wish I had the chance to break them in myself.

Also, I'm surprised that the size 10 fits me perfectly, considering I'm wearing an 11 in red wing gt.

wolv3.jpg

wolv7.jpg

quick question, so I'm planning on getting my first pair of nice boots, probably a pair of red wing chukkas. I was wondering how they run as far as sizing goes? I can wear anything from a 10 to 11 depending one shoe brand. should I just find one of those feet sizing dealies they have at a lot of shoe stores or is there a quick and dirty way to approximate my actual shoe size?

Wolverine's look great.

Personally, I subscribe to whatever looks good to me. I found a pair of used Wolverine 1000 miles recently, and I love them. I don't care if people on here say they're a marketing gimmick or whatever it is everyone complains about. (True, I wouldn't spend $325 on them, but that's because I'm frugal in general.) They're incredibly comfortable and some of the most beautiful boots I've seen. I just wish I had the chance to break them in myself.

Also, I'm surprised that the size 10 fits me perfectly, considering I'm wearing an 11 in red wing gt.

wolv3.jpg

wolv7.jpg

One of the two Road Champs sold for $499 - now that's a price they should be retailing for.

agreed... modern top engineers should top out at 500

hi jake. the boots you sold me a few years back are one of my favorites - only wear them with my sunday best.

40sboots.jpg

Glad you like them! I wish they had fit me. They look like they are doing great.

quick question, so I'm planning on getting my first pair of nice boots, probably a pair of red wing chukkas. I was wondering how they run as far as sizing goes? I can wear anything from a 10 to 11 depending one shoe brand. should I just find one of those feet sizing dealies they have at a lot of shoe stores or is there a quick and dirty way to approximate my actual shoe size?

im a 10 in most shoes like sneakers and i can fit good into 9 or 9.5 in redwing