Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

my new whites semi dress brown chrome excel.

4bfdaeb4.jpg

there is slight color difference in the upper to lower part of the boot. i pretty sure the happens with the chrome excel . anybody have experience with this?

Jacob, they look real nice. Can we see more pics of your boots? Thanks!

Those White's look great! Mine are "out for delivery" right now so it shouldn't be too long....now I'm just really concerned if they are going to fit. If not...anybody need some size 11D White's, you let me know. At least after this I'll know for sure which size is better.

That pic of the ROY boots makes them look a little awkward. The side profile is much better after a couple weeks of wear.

my new whites semi dress brown chrome excel.

4bfdaeb4.jpg

there is slight color difference in the upper to lower part of the boot. i pretty sure the happens with the chrome excel . anybody have experience with this?

Really nice Jacob. How did you go about fitting them? In store? Tracing? Also, could you give us details of the boot as in sole, lining, etc.

These White's SD have been passed around a lot--originally owned by Bill, then by a friend who hardly wore them due to a sizing issue. They cost me 100 bucks. Brown roughout, single leather sole + Cat's Paw. I added sno-seal last night.

IMG_3444.jpg?t=1273264993

IMG_3445.jpg?t=1273264993

I dubbed my new Daytons with Sno-seal yesterday (not inspired by yo_mj's Buzz Rickson's, although they do look great). Here are the results,

I thought I'd share a few pictures of my new Dayton boots in gray roughout.

DSC_0683.jpg

before

DSC_0688.jpg

and then after

While I liked gray, I love color and texture of them more now. They're basically a near black charcoal to my eyes (which works a lot better with my wardrobe than the lighter gray did).

must spread jstarvin, but that's gotta be the best hundo you ever spent. Looking cool with the sno seal.

Jacob those semi dress is fire:cool:

Thanks dude. My friend initially offered them for 75 but I was like "wat."

I dubbed my new Daytons with Sno-seal yesterday (not inspired by yo_mj's Buzz Rickson's, although they do look great). Here are the results,

While I liked gray, I love color and texture of them more now. They're basically a near black charcoal to my eyes (which works a lot better with my wardrobe than the lighter gray did).

Hmm... makes me consider dubbing my brown Daytons, although I'm quite satisfied with their appearance now.

How are yours breaking in? The lining on my were stiff as hell when new. My ankles were in agony for the first two weeks but now they fit pretty damn comfortably. I haven't figured a way to keep the tongue centered though...

jstavrin- those SD's look awesome!!! Love the roughouts with snow-seal.

Here are my new boots. These are my third pair of Semi-Dress but my first on the new swing last, close sole trim, block heel, single leather sole and chrome-excel leather...all things I've been wanting to check out. I have to say I am super impressed with these boots. The leather is the best looking leather I have ever seen, just beautiful, and even though I sized down 1/2 the fit is great. While I find the SD last to be a little more elegant looking, the swing last fits my foot better and has allowed me to drop from an 11 1/2 to an 11 in D width....I couldn't do that with the SD last because the toes would get crowded, even though there was a little extra length.

Onto the pictures:

dsc2725p.jpg

dsc2731n.jpg

dsc2728.jpg

The close trim is really nice looking and definitely slims down the profile of the boots. I think it is a great match for a single leather sole, though I still like the double stitching on my thicker soled boots.

dsc2730.jpg

I do think the block heel is a little heavy looking and I think they could slim that down a little, more like the tighter fit you see on the Indy boot. That being said, I knew that going in so there was no surprise there.

dsc2732w.jpg

Finally...a family pic. Left is black smokejumper leather w/minilug sole. Right is brown dress leather on double leather sole with a toe-cap. Overall I think the leather and fit of my new boots are my favorite, but I still love the looks of my cap-toes the best I think.

dsc2733j.jpg

Hmm... makes me consider dubbing my brown Daytons, although I'm quite satisfied with their appearance now.

How are yours breaking in? The lining on my were stiff as hell when new. My ankles were in agony for the first two weeks but now they fit pretty damn comfortably. I haven't figured a way to keep the tongue centered though...

Had I got the brown roughouts I might not have dubbed them. But I have a dearth of black boots so I felt it was a worthwhile venture.

The tongue won't really stay centered on mine either. However, I've had the same problem with my Alden 405s and have since stopped caring about a completely centered tongue. I'm pretty satisfied with the Dayton's overall.

i picked up some 'name brand' shoes.. a bit snug, hope they'll stretch out a bit. thinking about bringing them in to a cobbler for a dye job. black? dark brown? navy?...

IMG_6020cr.jpg

i picked up some 'name brand' shoes.. a bit snug, hope they'll stretch out a bit. thinking about bringing them in to a cobbler for a dye job. black? dark brown? navy?...

IMG_6020cr.jpg

Check it out, boom this how you freak em

Boom, you gonna get the cream joints now

Boom, all you die is this right here

Boom, and this, any color you want

Whether it be like blue and cream

Shit like that, n!99as don’t even know

Word is bond, I’mma rock n!99as this Summer

On the real, know what I’m sayin

Yo son, I had crazy visions

Imagine a Navy blue pair of this

Got cream on top

Different like marvel pick

I'd say keep 'em white, but let them get dirty (a la "dirty bucks"). Then, when they're finally too dirty for you to deem acceptable, have them dyed a dark color. Could be a fun process!

+1 for that idea dkatz, we're all about "the process" around here....

Hah, you know it! I'm also selfishly stoked because I just gave myself an idea for the white suede J. Crew bucks I've got waiting for me back in the States...

maybe I'll have my family bring 'em to me here when they visit in August so I could dirty-Kampala-buck the hell out of 'em for another year, then get them dyed when I'm back home.

Amazingly there's a Red Wing Shoe store in Queens. Since I haven't been to Queens in about a year. I have no idea what they carry.

RED WING SHOE STORE

47-01 QUEENS BLVD

SUNNYSIDE NY 11104

Unfortunately there's not many stores that carry Chippewa and Fyre's anymore. Used to be tons of them in Greenwich Village in the late 80's. They've all disappeared. I think there's just one now.

New York City is excellent for dress shoes, however.

There is also a Red Wing store in Union, NJ. But they don't carry the line of Red Wings that most of the members of this thread buy. They onlu stock work boots. They can get the Lifestyle lines (usually come in D Width only) but have to order them from Redwing