Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

Well good thing since I like wide and round toe and I like Docs.

Wingtips looks too casual/dressy for me.

Anyway, thank you guys. Im gonna buy them for shoeshealer.co.uk. The guys seems super skilled. Are steel toes really useful on leather sole ?

then good for you man, not sarcasm. i love to see people be individuals. apparently steel toes are just to be badass, theyre super heavy but if you need them for working then go for it, casual, could be a little cumbersome

the leather on the toe of steel toe boots wears out much faster... i see steel on alot of the guys who i work with... the ones without steel toe boots never have holes worn in the toes.

if youre not working in an industry that requires it, or if you dont need to crush someones skull with a few well placed kicks, then id go for non steel toe.

the leather on the toe of steel toe boots wears out much faster... i see steel on alot of the guys who i work with... the ones without steel toe boots never have holes worn in the toes.

if youre not working in an industry that requires it, or if you dont need to crush someones skull with a few well placed kicks, then id go for non steel toe.

Seconding this. I used to take the train home from work just as the construction jobs in NYC got out. Half of the boots I saw had holes in the leather exposing the steel reinforcement. My father's boots always wore through in that spot, as well.

Got 'em delivered today...

Ravello NST Boot...........................meets.............................Cigar Chukka NST Boot

4536007923_c21eb19889_o.jpg

4536641292_a55dd0516b_o.jpg

4536641512_2a6b47e99f_o.jpg

4536641684_2c060ffa7d_o.jpg

4536641934_c38fa175f1_o.jpg

Bonus pic... maintaining the leather motif (Leather Goods Connection)

4536642142_c9d4791dbe_o.jpg

4536642656_4fecc8f284_o.jpg

Seconding this. I used to take the train home from work just as the construction jobs in NYC got out. Half of the boots I saw had holes in the leather exposing the steel reinforcement. My father's boots always wore through in that spot, as well.

I've always wondered about this. My take on it is that while I'm sure having the steel toe does cause the leather above it to wear out faster I also imagine that having the steel toe causes the people wearing them to use the toes of their boots for a variety of things that folks with soft toes wouldn't do. I've worked doing landscaping and construction on and off for awhile and I've never had steel toes. My coworkers that do are certainly more willing to use their toes to brace a boulder while I go grab a rockbar.

All that being said I'd like to see some serious wear put into a high quality pair of boots with a steel toe and see what the result is...

I've always wondered about this. My take on it is that while I'm sure having the steel toe does cause the leather above it to wear out faster I also imagine that having the steel toe causes the people wearing them to use the toes of their boots for a variety of things that folks with soft toes wouldn't do. I've worked doing landscaping and construction on and off for awhile and I've never had steel toes. My coworkers that do are certainly more willing to use their toes to brace a boulder while I go grab a rockbar.

All that being said I'd like to see some serious wear put into a high quality pair of boots with a steel toe and see what the result is...

very true, I can only imagine myself kicking the shit outta anything and everything if i had steel toes.

These are my steel toe White's Farmer-Ranchers. Notice the gashes on the right toe and the slice on the left toe' date=' plus all the other scuffs. These were recently cleaned, but when dirty you can really see that a lot of polish that has been rubbed off of the toes.

[img']http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4061/4536104301_fe9ba6a735.jpg[/img]

4536736504_5144bb603f.jpg

4536734490_8e68270931.jpg

They look about the same now, oiled them again a little while ago. I've had these for 5+ years. Have seen construction, electrical, and landscaping duty. Most steel toe boots can be cleaned and polished and look pretty good, usually most people that are wearing them don't care to make them look good, haha.

I definitely love wearing my steel toes. I kick stuff, rest lumber on them, and don't care if I drop a tool on them. I love these boots so much I got another pair to deadstock :)

Cross post from evo of shoes

Not really much of a fashion boot as these are my true work boots, but I was happy with reconditioning them a bit. They're Red Wing steel toes, have had them for about 3 years and were worn hard with a lot of abuse. Decided it was time to give them a little attention and wanted to use some of my products before I used anything on my iron rangers

I just cleaned them with a hose, then a brush with a drop or two of dish soap. Let them dry for a day and fixed a split in the sole with Shoe Goo, used red wing natur-seal waterproof/conditioner, let them dry, then oiled them with red wing mink oil. Turn out pretty well for a pair of well used boots.

Before:

img2068ta0.jpg

After cleaning: (toes were very light)

img2076sv4.jpg

After waterproofing/conditioning:

img2078jz2.jpg

After mink oil:

img2084qt7.jpg

With crappy levi's:

img2083sq7.jpg

They look about the same now, oiled them again a little while ago. I've had these for 5+ years. Have seen construction, electrical, and landscaping duty. Most steel toe boots can be cleaned and polished and look pretty good, usually most people that are wearing them don't care to make them look good, haha.

I definitely love wearing my steel toes. I kick stuff, rest lumber on them, and don't care if I drop a tool on them. I love these boots so much I got another pair to deadstock :)

OPEN-ENDED denim!!!!!! Oh my god the sky is falling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think you get it cheep. Everything must be selvedge. Exposed selvedge coin pocket, selvedge accents wherever possible. IT MUST BE SELVEDGE!!!!! There is no "ifs," "ands" or, "buts" about it.

Chanting

Sel-vedge!!!!, sel-vedge!!!!!, Sel-vedge!!!!!

Just like "USA!!!, USA!!!! USA!!!!" Don't question it. Just fall in lock step.

theyre shell, right? and my only real problem is that there are no speed hooks

These are my steel toe White's Farmer-Ranchers. Notice the gashes on the right toe and the slice on the left toe, plus all the other scuffs. These were recently cleaned, but when dirty you can really see that a lot of polish that has been rubbed off of the toes.

4536104301_fe9ba6a735.jpg

4536736504_5144bb603f.jpg

4536734490_8e68270931.jpg

Zakruie, you got some side profile pics of these boots?

Just got my Roy boots yesterday. Loving them. I think I will attempt to lighten up the side of the leather portion of the sole. I am not really diggin the dark brownish color it is right now.

What's the best way to go about this, fine grain sand paper? Should i attempt to seal it afterwords. If so with what?

dont seal it just sand it off a bit use maybe a 180 first watch out for any rubber though.and then use a 800 grit.. dont seal it will make it dark again

theyre shell, right? and my only real problem is that there are no speed hooks

Yes, they're shell.

No speedhooks on them but I don't see it as a big deal.

Just something I'm still trying to get used too...