Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

Morse - you're White's look awesome! Definitely better with age & you're using them for their intended purpose!

White's, Wesco, etc, are all great & restoring & re-soling their boots as needed, so keep beating 'em! :)

When we were up at the cottage over spring break, I found my old Wescos that I wore over 4-5 summers, tree-planting & such hard labor. I think they've been re-soled twice, but the leather is starting to show its age. Too small for me now, sadly :(

wesco1.jpg

riff,...... what size are those? i have small feet :D:D:D:D:D:D

oh~ boy!!

I highly recomend white's semi-dress with chromexel leather.

really soft that I could run with no pain at first day.

also I love that color looks like antique furniture.

100% satisfied with my first buying White's.

l_556491c4f0c4472397577e9da671dc6b.jpg

I don't think you are going to find the oxford on ebay any time soon.

On the topic of oxford, are there any comparable oxfords out there similar to that whites. You know look rather sleek and almost dressy, but built to last.

I like White's, but for that price, I'd get Alden's cordo's on a double leather sole...

the man speaks the truth.

i buy all my shoes on ebay, once i have tried them in a store. sometimes i cant like those Belstaff i purchased on ebay germany last december for 119$....

pretty cool to wear them for work. Belstaff quality is way under wesco, whites or RW tho....

264902belstaff.jpg

927025belstaff__2_.jpg

jstavrin, they aren't too expinsive if you go through eBay - check THIS out

why didn't you just order it from Whites? or did I read your post wrong?

Trust me, you might wait a while if you wait for ebay. I'm always on the lookout for 11.5 Semi-Dress boots and they rarely come up. Lots of 7-10 sizes though so I guess it just depends. Still, I think White's are very fairly priced at retail for a custom boot, especially when you have a particular build you want done.

Are those the brown chambray salt n pepper pants from lofgren. If so how do you like them?

BTW I love the single sole on the semi dress.

Are those the brown chambray salt n pepper pants from lofgren. If so how do you like them?

BTW I love the single sole on the semi dress.

Yes sir! They are fantastic! A little stiffer than the black S&P, but a great piece for the cash. They have nice, deep front pockets. My are super long so I might have them hemmed. John at Speedway is fantastic!

I don't know what everyone's opinion of Corcoran boots are, but this is a pair of their "historic" jump boots that my brother inherited from my grandfather, a former 1st Lt. in the US army engineer corps. They're korean war era military issue. here are some before and after picks from oiling 'em today:

Before:

4503891373_6b232809bd.jpg

4503893511_9e37a608da.jpg

and after:

4503895423_f0d6175ef2.jpg

4504530294_9ae178ff7b.jpg

I can't figure why the oxford is so much more then the Semi-Dress. Were they the same price I'd already have a pair on order. Still....it is a damn cool shoe and almost worth the extra money....

I think the only reason they cost so much is that it's a bakeshoe exclusive model.

Other than the price, my other concern is that the block heel might look too huge for an oxford style. I'm wondering how it'll look with the standard curved heel

I placed an order from Pediwear on Sunday and have an order number. They said they will respond by a non automated email but still havent got an email from them. Anyone has experience how long it takes for them to response? I email them with no response too....