Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

yea, I'm pretty sure I have a relatively low arch, so it just feels a little weird with the super arch support that this boot has. No pain though

Are you sure you sized correctly? The arch shouldn't be that noticeable.

yea I'm pretty sure I sized correctly, I have got the same size as my indy's and barrie last shoes which I've heard are pretty much the same as far as White's goes. They definitely have a very noticeable arch support system, again, not saying its bad, but just a lot more noticeable compared to any of my other shoes

my smoke jumpers have a very high, noticeable arch imo. You get used to it and it's amazing, but it's noticeable. Their semi dress arch is much lower, and their shoes (oxford) have almost no arch.

so what model are we talking about baldy? pics would help. don't tell me show me:)

Sorry to quote my own post, but I made an update for all the info asked about shipping and such

(I made a new post in the supermarket, please refer to it so I do not muck this thread up any further)

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=201200

. If anyone is interested in a discount, I just found out that with my summer job (greenskeeper) I can get a pretty awesome discount on a Red Wing 9111 boot. It is the kinda required boot for the job this summer, different from last years Georgia Boot discount. Anyways, I was thinking I could offer the discount here on the forum if anyone is interested. the boots end up being $120 which is almost 50% i think. I have never done this kind of thing over the internet before, so I gotta make sure how to do it properly/safely for all. I will only have a few weeks to make the order, and can only make one. It worked out well enough last summer, and i was able to get my friends some decent boots for cheap, but this is better than last summers deal.

this probably isn't the best picture but it is what i had. If anyone is interested let me know. Should I have posted this another place?

Boots are $120

shipping within US seems consistently around $13

Canada was $27

AUS was $46

Singapore was $44

Box dimensions are (14x5x9.5) and weight 4 lbs 8.3oz if you want to check shipping for yourself. My zip code is 26302

I need to know sizes soon. I may be only able to get one of a certain size, as the shop (who is aware) does not want to me to buy him out of a size. He wants to have at least one for display and one to sell, so some sizes may be limited.

I will provide my paypal through PM, but do not make any payment until I am ready to order. I do not want to have anyone's money tied up if anything changes. I would like to have everything ready by next Friday.

RW9111.jpg

I felt the same way when I had mine. As if my foot should always have that kind of support. I wish Vans had that kind of support in them.

lol. thats an oxymoron if i ever heard one. supportive vans?

oh, and you guys with normal feet are lucky. Feet problems suck, and pain with every step blows.

ive got a question for whites

can the bounty hunter last become a lace to toe?

I thought you were the authority on whites, seeing as you own like 20 pair.

really, I don't know if the Bounty hunter can be made lace to toe, but I suggest you either ask Bakershoes or White's directly to find out.

Those extra long instep straps look great.

On a lark, I tried the Lone Wolf Engineers on today. They're really incredible. Just perfect, aesthetically. I never really fancied that style of boot before, but If they came in wide sizes I'd give serious consideration to saving up for them.

Now I wish Wesco offered more information regarding their custom options. I've seen examples of the Boss that are pretty gruesome, but I know it must be possible to produce a vintage-inspired boot with their custom process.

http://hukurokuju.com/blog/category/chippewa-repair/

hes done it, so im guessing its possible

where's the best (read: cheapest) place to kop suede brogues ala hiroshi tsubouchi / yuketen / trickers?

this sorta steez:

HTM-0904-y-blk-blk-b-1.jpg

not really phased if its a factory second or whatever, just well keen on cheap. cheers.

picked up these for cheap. i polished it and it didn't absorb into the shoes, so I wondered if these was not made from real leather.

Anyone could tell me how to identify if they're made from leather or not.

thank you

:D

before:

img_3493.jpg

after:

img_3494.jpg

sorry for lightning I forgot to take photos at the same place

yes they will take on indigo from new jeans after a while but easily cleaned cause theyre dry tanned .. but dont expect the indigo to go away 100%