Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

so these are some cheapo repro boots i got for i think 80€ a couple months back, they were discussed sometime in january and that is when i bought them. i treated them with sno seal and that helped with the water repellancy because frankly that was really bad when i got them.

they got me through winter just fine and performed well for the price. not very friendly to your feet i'm afraid, can't wear them for 2 consecutive days while walking 20 minutes one way to my university.

they now pretty much look like the way i wanted/expected them to look after some wear, toe box flattened out and some nice texture going on with the snoseal. i got em primarily because they have a slim profile and go really well with my 007s

side2a.jpg

side1i.jpg

fronthap.jpg

Guys where can I buy some authentic cowboy boots like these:

20091020_39small.jpg

20091020_41small.jpg

I know those are Red Wings but, I do not know the model.

In Texas.

Trust me i'd know.

see, i told ya Texas

seeing those boots again makes me wish i had not sold them

I just resoled my Thorogood x Epaulet boots. What do you guys think? Does the heel look too small for the boot? Maybe I should have gone with Quabaug heel instead.

EP1.jpg

EP2.jpg

EP3.jpg

I like what you did here. Good look. Those are the horsehide boots, right?

I really like what you did to them. The sole was the part of the collaboration I had hated; you've fixed that nicely.

I really like what you did to them. The sole was the part of the collaboration I had hated; you've fixed that nicely.

No doubt. I can't stand the original soles. Those were a pretty cheap boot too with it being horsehide and all.

I just resoled my Thorogood x Epaulet boots. What do you guys think? Does the heel look too small for the boot? Maybe I should have gone with Quabaug heel instead.

EP1.jpg

EP2.jpg

EP3.jpg

Where did you get those resoled? Japan? What was the cost?

I wonder if he could do a demon fish?

. If anyone is interested in a discount, I just found out that with my summer job (greenskeeper) I can get a pretty awesome discount on a Red Wing 9111 boot. It is the kinda required boot for the job this summer, different from last years Georgia Boot discount. Anyways, I was thinking I could offer the discount here on the forum if anyone is interested. the boots end up being $120 which is almost 50% i think. I have never done this kind of thing over the internet before, so I gotta make sure how to do it properly/safely for all. I will only have a few weeks to make the order, and can only make one. It worked out well enough last summer, and i was able to get my friends some decent boots for cheap, but this is better than last summers deal.

this probably isn't the best picture but it is what i had. If anyone is interested let me know. Should I have posted this another place?

Boots are $120

shipping within US seems consistently around $13

Canada was $27

AUS was $46

Singapore was $44

Box dimensions are (14"x5"x9.5") and weight 4 lbs 8.3oz if you want to check shipping for yourself

I need to know sizes soon. I may be only able to get one of a certain size, as the shop (who is aware) does not want to me to buy him out of a size. He wants to have at least one for display and one to sell, so some sizes may be limited.

I will provide my paypal through PM, but do not make any payment until I am ready to order. I do not want to have anyone's money tied up if anything changes. I would like to have everything ready by next Friday.

RW9111.jpg

I got them done here in Taiwan at a local shoe repair place. They are the authorized dealer for Vibram, so they can get any sole. Cost is approx $110 USD

Wow that looks like some good work. On par with Fukurokuju. The price is pretty damn good as well.

just got my first pair of white's! the arch ease system feels like a super high arch, not uncomfortable, but not sure if it's completely comfy either... hmm

You probably have what's called in the podiatrist field "Fred Flinstone Feet". You need special shoes designed for square, flat, shapeless feet.

yea, I'm pretty sure I have a relatively low arch, so it just feels a little weird with the super arch support that this boot has. No pain though

I felt the same way when I had mine. As if my foot should always have that kind of support. I wish Vans had that kind of support in them.

yep...once you get used to the White's everything else feels way too flat. Though now that I"m used to it I find I can easily transition from a flat shoe like my Russell chukka to the White's and it doesn't feel strange at all...just the White's are more comfortable and supportive.