Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

Not to sound like an Alden fanboy (really!) but they look a lot like these, but maybe a special order for another company. My indys have a "made specially for LeatherSoul" logo inside the heel.

Nice pickup!

Actually that link looks EXACTLY like what I have here. Number of eyelets matches. All the stitching matches exactly, even the knotch design on the top of the sole where it meets the leather is the same.

GREAT SLEUTHING! I'm very impressed. Such sick boots for $20.

Get some flat laces.

Being that these are now my "Aldens", I tried putting my extra pair of Indy laces in them. I definitely like them better with the flat laces. I know, I know, brown laces-black boots, but there's something very "functional" and workwear-ish about the faux-pas. Like "I'm too unconcerned about fashion to really care about the color of my boot laces" kindof cool....

IMG_04102-1.jpg

Thanks, Bill, they look great. I think the contrast works because of the strangeness of the boot in general.

If you can find really long laces, or maybe join 2 together somehow, I think ladder or zipper lacing with a contrasing color would look really cool, if just on the bottom half. So many fun possibilities with 14 sets of eyelets!

GregNYC!

wow, nice indy's!

i am very, very tempted to get the indy's. they are just an amazing boot. however, a couple of my good friends have them now and i don't want to feel like i'm biting their steez.

btw, i scored these on ebay!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=020&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=300080194554&rd=1&rd=1

I saw those leathersoul hawaii specials at askandy as well... but I ended up pre-ordering the cigar indy's (AF68) from Carmel... would be a while til I get them, but no deposit required and Adam was very patient and helpful in answering my emails... :)

^ Where are you going in Carmel? Alden of Carmel is in Seattle, WA. I'm not sure if their store is still there, word is that he closed the store a while back and moved to Seattle.

^ Where are you going in Carmel? Alden of Carmel is in Seattle, WA. I'm not sure if their store is still there, word is that he closed the store a while back and moved to Seattle.

wait, what? there's an alden in seattle? wtf, how do i not know about this? where is it?

Looks like it was indeed Carmel, California, there isn't a Carmel, MA. Per this thread at AskAndy.

Alden of Carmel is a bit different than the typical Alden dealer. Adam currently does not have a retail store. He used to be in Carmel, California and moved to Washington state a few years ago.

Crownzip over at VLJ2 mentioned the current issue of the Japanese magazine Free & Easy. So I picked it up at Kinokuniya. This issue is a tribute to Steve McQueen and workwear. It has a great spread on work shoes, mostly Japan-only companies. And even Alden, Georgia and Redwings have Japan-only models. I'm a big Redwing fan - because they fit my wide feet.

I went to the Redwing-Japan page.

Awesome selection! But I'll have to wait till I go over to Tokyo again. I already called up RW's home office. You can't even get their European models here in the U.S....

If you want way-cool Aldens, like the Indy but plain-toe not moc-toe, try Lakota House in Tokyo, Minato-ku, south Aoyama 6-12-14 NOA, South Aoyama 1F.

TEL: 03-5778-2010 business hour: 12: 00~20:00

Check this Japan-only Red-Wing out:

rw-8285.jpg

Miz, Great ebay find!

I had to return my Indies today :-( They fit fine, but there was a piece of I think plastic in the right-boot heel cup that was pressing into my heel. I'd worn them on carpet only, plus terry-cloth "for their close-up, Mr. DeMille." Alden returned my $$, didn't offer to re-order the size. I'll check back with them in a few weeks...

Meanwhile, I ordered the 1911s from Dejan...