Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

What's a good place to get replacement laces? I've been using these circular laces on my GTs for awhile and they don't look very good. I'm looking for a flat lace like they came with.

Fatty, take a look at RM Williams. Nice boots.

+1 I don't wear mine much anymore, but almost every time I've ever worn them, I've gotten compliments. The Craftsman in my opinion is one of the best looking Chelsea boots ever made... and can be worn with nearly anything anywhere... literally. People wear them on farms and in boardrooms. (At least I hear they do in Australia.)

Jason: the crease on the left foot look insane, they sure do look good on denim or pretty much everything

i also want to get a pair of the alden chukka but i am undecide on what color, i like the suede one but i dont know i should go with the tan suede or snuff suede. Anyone has pics on the suede chukka?

by the way, any recommendation for chelsea boot, i'm looking at somewhere between $300-400.

Picture from my recent write-up on Craft LA:

DSCN1226.jpg

+1 I don't wear mine much anymore, but almost every time I've ever worn them, I've gotten compliments. The Craftsman in my opinion is one of the best looking Chelsea boots ever made... and can be worn with nearly anything anywhere... literally. People wear them on farms and in boardrooms. (At least I hear they do in Australia.)

thanks opei, amlai

yea...i actually went to style forum and loook over 100 pages of the rm william boot.

they have a store in ny so i might go there if they have one that i want

i am looking at the macquarie however is too sleek, need to do few more research because heard that the size are alot different

i really like the whole cut leather and the price seems very reasonable.

tmadd:

thanks for the pic tmadd !

What's a good place to get replacement laces? I've been using these circular laces on my GTs for awhile and they don't look very good. I'm looking for a flat lace like they came with.

for gentleman's travelers, you could try a red wing store I suppose, I don't really know if they'll have what you're looking for, but they've always been extremely friendly and helpful

even though I didnt buy my red wings there, they helped me with sizing advice and etc, and they gave me some free oil when they messed up an order

My GT's about half an hour after using a single coat of Kiwi shoe polish (black). I put two coats of Obenaufs Heavy Duty LP on it as well 2 days ago.

Pictures aren't the best but they're decent.

Front.jpg

Side.jpg

I'll be putting an insole in them soon.

I haven't put them in my 405's because they feel pretty good, but did in my Garrison Shoes and they made a world of difference....

i suggest using the wesco insole for low profile for tight fitting boot you have and spenco with or without arch support for half a size bigger fitting boots..

i suggest using the wesco insole for low profile for tight fitting boot you have and spenco with or without arch support for half a size bigger fitting boots..

eddie, do you use insoles with your whites?

Thanks for the input eddie, I went true to size, meaning half a size too big, so I think I'll go with the Spencos with arch support, but I don't think Spenco are too popular in Australia, would there be anything similar but more available locally here?

If I have to order from America/UK I will but I think it's a bit of a hassle.

I can always get superfeet insoles locally.

What do you think?

regarding GTs,i slapped some run-off-the-mill leatherinsoles ( € 3,- the pair ) in and they work great.keep in mind that,if you wear them daily,you have to replace them from time to time.btw,Jeremy,all RWs are made from leather that is treated very well,so there is no real need in taking too much attention on polishing or waxing.in my expirience they look best if you wear them alot and take care if they in need for it.

any ideas for waterproofing the red wing iron rangers in the roughout leather? fucking love the boots, but working construction gets them covered in mud, sand, water, etc?

Put some plastic trash bags over them. Or you could do what Edmond does and just let them sit in the closet.

Guest jbone45
Put some plastic trash bags over them. Or you could do what Edmond does and just let them sit in the closet.

He's right, just let let them sit in the closet. Make sure you update us though, I want to see them in the same exact condition over and over.

Go for the 1000 mile. They look a lot better in black than the indys.

hmm... mine are oily as fuck already... maybe already been done at the factory.

If anyone would be so kind as to point in the direction of where to get the black indys as pictured, I would be very grateful.

Thank you.