Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

So I just placed an order for a pair of Shoes, Service, Russet, Composition Sole from WWII Impressions. If anybody is curious I'll take a few photos and do a short writeup when they arrive.

Also, while I'm on a leather boot buying spree, has anybody heard of Limmer Boot? I remember reading about them in college as the be all and end all of hand crafted hiking boots, based out in New Hampshire. Apparently they also make Oxfords that are the exact style that I've been looking for (simple, no frills). At $199 per pair, it's not bad compared to, say, Alden Chukkas if stories I've heard of Limmers are true.

please tell me about your impressions of the ww2impressions boots, specifically sizing. ive been meaning to order a pair for some months but have yet to decide on size.

So I just placed an order for a pair of Shoes, Service, Russet, Composition Sole from WWII Impressions. If anybody is curious I'll take a few photos and do a short writeup when they arrive.

Also, while I'm on a leather boot buying spree, has anybody heard of Limmer Boot? I remember reading about them in college as the be all and end all of hand crafted hiking boots, based out in New Hampshire. Apparently they also make Oxfords that are the exact style that I've been looking for (simple, no frills). At $199 per pair, it's not bad compared to, say, Alden Chukkas if stories I've heard of Limmers are true.

yes, let us know... looking at their photos of their boots I'd have to say mine were from Atthefront... the bottoms are different than the ones you ordered....

As have I. The Shoes, Service, Cordovan, USMC. I emailed the company a while back asking if they fit true to size or come in larger/small, but the guy wasn't very helpful in his response.

Would be interested to see how they wear in.

please tell me about your impressions of the ww2impressions boots, specifically sizing. ive been meaning to order a pair for some months but have yet to decide on size.

Quick update for all those who ordered the Ultimate Indys a few months ago.

Alden says they are 5 weeks away from shipping them so hopefully I can get them to you all by Christmas.

Thanks for the patience.

Awesome! Can't wait!

thanks for all the kind words. i guess i'll post more pictures a little later for those who requested.

my cigars are only exactly a week old. yes yes im very happy with them

^denimstars - theres nothing wrong with them. theyre great actually, but no more time to wear them. leather soul has something similar to the AF60's in #8. but with naked eyelets and leather soles though. here

what would be a good store to check for alden shoes in bigger sizes (12C)?

i do not want to wait 1/2 a year for my next pair, and maybe there are stores somewhere which stock my size and have nice ones available.

i know - unlikely ... but if there is, somebody on this thread will know it!

edit: just send anatomica an email, as a first shot!

Not any Timberlands in here..this is the only pair I have ever bought and the quality seems good and they are aging quite nicely. Is there something about Timberland I don't know as far as quality? Also, where can those McCoys be purchased in the states?

Picture.jpg

^^Thanks! They seem to have them on sale from Beat Style for $330. But I think any store that carries Sugar Cane probably carries Lone Wolf's. So Hinoya and stores like that have them. But they are kinda steep at $450 or so.

where does Lone wolf fit in size range. still 1/2 size big?

thanks HH,

found them at a second hand clothing shop in NYC.

they're stamped sz. 10, 1954 by the Belleville Shoe Manfacturing Co.

The 54 year old leather is still very soft and pliable.

you find a size 11 and send me a pm!

^^Thanks! They seem to have them on sale from Beat Style for $330. But I think any store that carries Sugar Cane probably carries Lone Wolf's. So Hinoya and stores like that have them. But they are kinda steep at $450 or so.

You have some of the nicer boots that I've seenin this thread. I think that you're GTs and rough out Chippewa's are being neglected and therefore should be sold to moi!

where does Lone wolf fit in size range. still 1/2 size big?

Yes, still a half size bigger than tagged size. It also feels a bit wider than a D, but not exactly an E fitting either.

You have some of the nicer boots that I've seenin this thread. I think that you're GTs and rough out Chippewa's are being neglected and therefore should be sold to moi!

Thanks! You should hear what my wife says to me: "You only have 2 feet! whats up with all these boots?!" I actually have my GT's at Hukurojuku getting hooked up right now by the master boot repairer Okuyama-san. Pics coming soon!