Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

Oh they are hard to resist, luckily I have the ass rape custom fees to help my resolve .

How bout this, send me the money through paypal, I'll go down there and pick them up, scope out some hot Asian tourists, and then send them to you marked as 10lbs. of gummi-bears.

Sounds like the Alden #8 plaza last captoe boots from LeatherSoul are in... I can bet that Leonard Leroy is going nuts now...

AND

the LeatherSoul black Ultimate Indy boots are in as well...

http://www.leathersoulhawaii.com/2008/07/31/alden-shoes-the-leather-soul-ultimate-indy-in-black/

BTW... if anyone's interested in a pair of size 9D Alden 4060 (#8 captoe on grant last) boots... PM me... I might be throwing those up for sale... maybe the AF60's as well... I don't really wear them.

Edit: boots sold

^^ Ichiran, those are very very nice, look better than the redwing chukkas, but do you know the insole is mesh or leather. Cuz i have a pair of danner but the insole is mesh which i really hate

Sorry fattybfat, I don't know what the insole is made out of. I agree that they have a somewhat nicer look than the Red Wing chukkas. By the way, it seems that they also come in white, which I think is craaazy:

img14937440.jpg

img14937441.jpg

img14937444.jpg

Tom is a really, really nice guy <3 <3

Tom's the best...

Damn, Black ultimate indys look so good! They must have just updated their site, this wasn't on there when I checked an hour and a half ago ;)

Yeah... that tells you something about the frequency at which I visit his site... :)

However, I'm terribly disappointed with the black ultimate indy's. They really went the conservative route by dyeing everything black. Too bad I can't get them customized…

Sounds typical Alden if you ask me. They like conservative. My understanding is that Tom just asked them to make the boot in black and that's what they sent him. I don't think he knew that they'd come all black. If you've noticed, the shell Indy's are all the same as well. I think that look is just their preference... it works out that it is mine as well, but to each their own...

I actually like the all-black indys more than I thought I would. They look very tactical. Perfect when paired with a Sinn 656-schwartz, W. Gibson x BR MA-1, dark sunglasses, Samurai blacks, a black loopwheeler shirt, and a Gerber MKII strapped to the shin, of course.

True, true. Great for some Special Ops or Wetworks.

I searched this thread and didn't see these new (?) Red Wings mentioned yet.

http://www.redwingshoe.com/images/boots/large/8111.jpg

http://redwing.com/images/boots/large/8113.jpg

I spotted them while browsing Zappos Red Wing selection. Kind of cool. They remind me a bit of the boots I've seen from some of the Japanese brands posted in here.

They look like the Katahdin Engineer Boots made by Chippewa for LL Bean: http://www.llbean.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?page=katahdin-iron-works-engineer-boots&categoryId=49464&storeId=1&catalogId=1&langId=-1&parentCategory=502771&cat4=502767&shop_method=pp&feat=502771-tn&np=Y

Edit: Unrelated, but I see they now have another version of the Katahdin boot with vibram soles and a waterproof lining: http://www.llbean.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?page=katahdin-iron-works-boots&categoryId=57044&storeId=1&catalogId=1&langId=-1&parentCategory=503393&cat4=503383&shop_method=pp&feat=503393-tn&np=Y

251223_116_41.jpg

I searched this thread and didn't see these new (?) Red Wings mentioned yet.

8111.jpg

8113.jpg

I spotted them while browsing Zappos Red Wing selection. Kind of cool. They remind me a bit of the boots I've seen from some of the Japanese brands posted in here.

I saw these in person at Gimme Shoes, the bottom one in suede. They look good, they look like GTs with different details. The shape is the same.

They look like the Katahdin Engineer Boots made by Chippewa for LL Bean

I've looked at that Katahdin Engineer Boot on the Bean website in the past, and the Iron Ranger is definitely coming from the same place:

shoe_m_004.jpg

8111.jpg

In the past, I've had a chance to compare Chippewa and Red Wing side-to-side for identically-designed boots (6" moc-toe in black), and my opinion was the Red Wings were a notch higher in the details. (And in the case of the boots above, those would appear to be nicer-seeming leather, quadruple stitching at the cap toe, contrast stitching, better laces, and the absence of those hexagonal eylets.) Not a dramatic difference, but noticeable.

I saw these in person at Gimme Shoes, the bottom one in suede. They look good, they look like GTs with different details. The shape is the same.

Well, there's at least one advantage of the IRs over the GTs: they come in EE widths. Good news for those of us with wide feet!

Those redwing captoes are called the Iron Ranger, and they are due out first week of August. They are in that same lifestyle line as the Gentleman Traveler. Apparently they are a real red wing pattern from the 1930's. The samples I tried on had cork soles too if I remember correctly, which I really like. The shape is pretty good as well, nice and turned up, but they do run narrow, just like the GT's. There's a full page ad for them in the new Free and Easy