Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

Wait 'til you put them on. You'll go completely priapic.

It's a great boot. But be warned: you're gonna have to nearly unlace them completely to get them off. Snug suckers, they are.

Quality-wise, Frye is excellent. They wear well, are comfortable, durable, and only look better with age. I've always had Fryes, and now that they've stepped up their game style-wise, I'll have more.

And they're excellent conversation starters. I once sat opposite a woman on a NJ Transit train out of Penn Station. She was wearing Fryes. They had some age and wear on them, but she had maintained them very very well. They were striking. Totally rock star, and I told her so. We hooked up. There is no better endorsement.

can anyone tell me how fryes fit size-wise? I'm typically a 9 in converse 9.5 in vans and 10 in nike...Any help??

Here's a pair of Frye's I got in 1996 and have worn the hell out of over the past ten years.

250554464_8d30e0e982.jpg

250554478_9bd012057c.jpg

I have had them re-heeled and re-soled more than once. Love these boots though they've seen better days. Be sure and get the oil resistant sole and not the tread sole. Just got a pair of Alden indyboots and I believe they're the best boots I've ever had. People have been talking about the change in the leather color of the Alden's, but I can't see much of a difference.

I'm really intriqued by White's semi dress boot:

http://www.whitesoutdoor.com/display-boot.php?request=boot&p_id=49

The heel has that curve to it that you usually only see in vintage boots. They're pricey, but still much cheaper than the 100,000 yen brakemen boot repro's I saw in Tokyo.

nice frye's, tony whiskers.

hey rnrswitch, did you get your brando's yet?

I keep meaning to take some good pics of the boots/shoes I have taken good care of for years... but I keep forgetting. So instead of a nice pic with denim, here's a phone pic with khakis. Sorry. Polo (made in Italy) boots, regularly polished and treed. Used to be more orange (like those trickers, which are very pretty, appear to be), I've been using brown kiwi on them. They're not as shiny as they look in the pic. Might try some blue shoe cream to darken them up, as j's CT chelseas on sF look great.

bootsaf5.th.jpg

damn... i hope this doesnt blow up this spot... 170 for cordovan boots? and they look great. i like these more than the aldens.

can anyone tell me how fryes fit size-wise? I'm typically a 9 in converse 9.5 in vans and 10 in nike...Any help??

I wear an 8 in chucks and an 8.5 in fryes... I might be able to wear an 8 and let them stretch a bit.

Got the Frye brando laces today... not too shabby. Really beautiful leather. They look like old cowboy boots.. before they got all gaudy. I love them. Will take pictures later on with all the different jeans. i think I may have to pull my sammies out for these bad boys.

this might be a dumb question but:

i am supposed to recive my indy boots this morning, but it is suposed to be a crappy rainy day here, should i take them out of the box and wear them any ways, or do i need to treat them befor they go in the rain?

i want a more worn in looking boot, but is it a bad move to go right to the rain?

this might be a dumb question but:

i am supposed to recive my indy boots this morning, but it is suposed to be a crappy rainy day here, should i take them out of the box and wear them any ways, or do i need to treat them befor they go in the rain?

i want a more worn in looking boot, but is it a bad move to go right to the rain?

Wearing them in any weather and in any place will give them the worn in look. Always clean your shoes with brush and cloth before waxing (though I wouldn't wax those Indys only apply some Pecards boot oil time to time).

Wearing them in any weather and in any place will give them the worn in look. Always clean your shoes with brush and cloth before waxing (though I wouldn't wax those Indys only apply some Pecards boot oil time to time).

grea tthanks! one more question, do i need to water proof them or put any thing on them before i start wearing them full time, or just that oil you recomend now and then?

any idea how much they retail for in europe...?

If you buy them from Jermyn street store, they're about 260£ (boots) and you get lots of different models you can't get elsewhere, like monkey boots, custom colors, etc...

Basic (country boot)models you can get for as 'little' as 200£ from some stores. I paid 210£, thats about 390$. In reference, if I wanted a apir of Alden indy's they would hurt me 420€ (about 530$), little less if I order them from Aldenshop myself.