Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

Lester,

I am having trouble finding Moulden's contact info, is there any way you could shoot me their phone number? Thanks.

Familyman,

Thanks for the rundown, you did a great job of telling me what I needed to know. I am glad that you suggested a calfskin indy as a wear as much as possible boot, because I am not to worried about the damage that could be caused by back to back wearings, as I have seen some seriously abused Indy's that were totally along the lines of what I am into. Now the task is hunting down the older color, as my girlfriend would support me buying the old color for 300 plus, but would probably be upset at me dropping 30 on the new color. Good thing I live close to San Francisco so I can figure out my size this week. Thanks again.

Tyler

lester, are you in new york? where is this store????

everyone, very nice pics. thanks.

so, it's possible to buy the lighter indy and polish it to a darker color?

i did some research for you guys:

i think lester typed the name in wrong -- the place is...

[ready??]

Moulded Shoe Inc

10 E 39th Street

New York, NY.

212-683-9389

anyone want to repay the favor by buying me a ticket to new york so i can blow too much money on shoes?

yeah, ny, it's on 39th between 5th and 6th, not exactly the fancypants madison avenue type store, actually exactly the opposite. i found the info on the alden main website.

according to the salesman, the lighter ones can just be polished with whatever shade darker polish, though i wonder how they would wear in when they get all thrashed, personally i don't ever really take care of my non-dress shoes, and though these are clearly quality wise much nicer than any of my dress shoes,they're still "workboots" i personally don't like to treat boots so finnicky.

definitely glad i got the darker ones.

walking on air today

niiice. thanks for the info guys. definitely gonna check 'em out... it's really close to the official alden store, too, huh?

btw, i just had rubber soles put on my alden's. very, very nice. my old greek shoe repair guy does the best work ever.

i highly recommend putting rubber soles on your aldens.

That was quick. I ordered the darker Indy's this morning and they shipped out 20 minutes later, I should get them Monday afternoon. Now I just need to figure out what pair of jeans I am going to start with these boots. Thanks for all the advice guys.

Tyler

That was quick. I ordered the darker Indy's this morning and they shipped out 20 minutes later, I should get them Monday afternoon. Now I just need to figure out what pair of jeans I am going to start with these boots. Thanks for all the advice guys.

Tyler

indy's call for a jean that's rugged. something indy would wear. so we're talking about sugar cane, samurai, warehouse, you get the idea.

they would probably look great with a pair of oni killer chinos too.

aramyr, those indy's look great!!!

soultek, i like those boots.

indy's call for a jean that's rugged. something indy would wear. so we're talking about sugar cane, samurai, warehouse, you get the idea.

they would probably look great with a pair of oni killer chinos too.

aramyr, those indy's look great!!!

soultek, i like those boots.

Actually they really look great with a pair of 33 501s.

What about a pair of svenskas? Its similar to the 501 cut, and I dig the extra slubbiness and streaks...I think they could look pretty rugged with some wear?

Tyler

I got them at Gimme shoes in SF. There's a greyish suede version that's pretty fly also. Quality-wise they're not on a Carpe Diem level, but they seem fine so far--they feel really solid. Although someone on styleforum said that the heel started coming off his. It's a real leather sole with a leather piece stiched in the bottom. I had intended on getting the Indys but then I saw a shopkeep at Gimme who had an old beat up pair of these and I opted for these instead.

soultek, I love those, where'd you get them? in SF? Also, how are they quality-wise?