mizanation

Shoes that look better with age...

Just got these today. Can't wait to beat them up a bit and see how they age. Alden Indy's in tan suede w/commando (w/KMW 1950's):

1-1.jpg

2-1.jpg

words cannot describe...when will these beauties be available??

nvrmind. just saw them on your site.

words cannot describe...when will these beauties be available??

nvrmind. just saw them on your site.

Yeah, they're available now but I think I'll only sell online to SuFu members since I made this boot up for the purpose of wearing with my denim. Only opening a few pair up for mail order though to be fair to my walk-in customers.

Just got these today. Can't wait to beat them up a bit and see how they age. Alden Indy's in tan suede w/commando (w/KMW 1950's):

When I first heard about Indy's in tan suede, I was a bit skeptical. But now, wow... just wow.

wow, just wow. Those look fantatic in suede!

what a super looking boot.

what's something like that go for?

Can you post a pic of the soles? Thanks!

Those look great Tom, I'm jealous. Do you own a pair of every model you sell? If anyone runs into Santa tonight, pleas tell him I'm an 8.5.

Thanks everyone for the positive comments.

Greg-It's a standard commando sole, I'm sure you've seen it before. I can still take a pic for you tomorrow though.

Calden-Not every pair. I'd say I order about 1 out of 3-4 of every new model for myself. My Alden collection is at about 40 right now but I'm trying to reach 100. ;)

Greg-It's a standard commando sole, I'm sure you've seen it before. I can still take a pic for you tomorrow though.

Sure I've seen commandos. That's why I want to see a picture! :)

X_posted from the Denime thread. Alden AF64s.

contest jeans rob? they look awesome on you :D

Anyone have any thoughts/reviews of Lone Wolf Carpenters or Mechanics? I see they go up to 9.5. Anyone have a rough size equivalency of LW 9.5 to Indies or RW 875s or C & Js? Anyone ever order them from the U.S.?

I want to try a little more to get the "just right" vintage U.S. workwear boot before I call up Whites for some Smoke Jumpers.

Just went past the Alden store in SF, they didn't have the boots I'm looking for (captoe high boots in cordovan), anyone know of another place where I might be able to find them???

Hey Miz, thanks for asking. Allen Edmunds did a pretty good job. Part of the surface was fried, burned from too much rubbing, but it's along the side of the shoe. The tops and fronts are better, and I'll try polishing them soon.

Greg, I have a size 8 in RW875, and a size 8 in the LW Carpenters. They seem to fit similarly - I needed to put an insole in both, as the interior sole is flat as a board. LW is nice quality, the cat's paw soles are unique. Cheers

There are lots of insoles to try, like the ones I use for my RW875s, the Mephisto Runoffs....

Any tips on where to order the Lone Wolfs from the U.S.? I'm gonna go for it. I like the way they integrate the leather layers with the rubber outsole layers. Very vintage-like, at least what I think of as vintage-like. :)

Sure I've seen commandos. That's why I want to see a picture! :)

After a full day of wear. Alden used light brown rubber on the tips, that's why they look they way they do after the edge dressing came off in the front. I know some customers will complain, but I actually like they way it looks more distressed and worn.

suin1.jpg

suin2.jpg

suin3.jpg

Tom, those look amazing!

Greg, I had ordered my LW carpenters from Hinoya, back when they were still shipping overseas. It's possible that some of the other rakuten shops that carry them still ship outside of Japan. Otherwise, you may need to go the proxy route.

Redwing GT's

those look really nice...but what does GT stand for? are those the 1909 or 1908 model?

so, those are the 1914's then?

nice pair of boots btw

I actually ordered the GT 1911s in black cherry. Should arrive today. I tried them once before, and am now trying a smaller size. Will post some photos even if I end up returning the boots!

It's possible that some of the other rakuten shops that carry them still ship outside of Japan. Otherwise, you may need to go the proxy route.

Thanks! I looked into the proxy route -- looks pretty easy, I think that's what I'll do....

I read recently that Take Off still ships overseas. Try this.

Just went past the Alden store in SF, they didn't have the boots I'm looking for (captoe high boots in cordovan), anyone know of another place where I might be able to find them???

Uhmm anyone?

In the city?

Please!