Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

random question, but does anyone know if alden makes shoes in widths besides D and E? that's always something that throws me off about them (especially their shell cordo mdoels... never seem to see them in A's or B's...)

Alden certainly makes them in narrower widths than D, but finding them is rare. Most retailers only stock mainly their D and E widths. Outside of that, it is up to the retailer to order them smaller. I do frequently see C widths. Narrower than that, I honestly haven't seen stocked often (though I'm not generally looking for them either) and as fre$co says, are probably special order (which means asking a retailer to add it to their next order). Narrower widths is also probably last dependent as the Plaza last only ranges from B-E widths and evidently, the Barrie last ranges from at least A-EEE.

Some of the styles you see are special orders by the retailer. For some special select retailers (e.g. LeatherSoul Hawaii and Alden of Carmel), they allow the retailer to custom order a style. Then there are the stock models that for whatever reason, Alden just chooses to not post on their website.

Maybe this isn't the best place to ask, so feel free to direct me elsewhere, but some of you might know something about shipping shoes.

I ordered two pairs of the Redwing GTs from cultizm.com, out of Germany. What would be the most affordable way to ship back the pair that didn't fit? I called and got a couple quotes and was told taking them in to USPS would probably cost about 45-50 bucks, and every other method was twice that. Is that the best deal I can get or is there a better way? I'm in Los Angeles, if that helps.

indeed it has! ;-) btw have you ever checked out the shop in Brussels that sells Alden boots? Just found the address on the Alden website

Yeah, 2 shops sell them in Brussels...one on the" Grote zavel" and one on " Stephanie plein"...but they're way too expensive....Cordovan chukka for 525€..:eek:

just sell them torn and get new pairs..

I might if shipping is too expensive. Any interest in a pair of Redwing Gentleman Travelers, Black Cherry color, size 10d, brand new?

Still open to shipping suggestions though, if anyone has any.

Torn, I ship overseas all the time.

They WON'T cost $50, maybe $20. As long as they don't know what's in it, and there's a return slip and all that. I don't know what size you are, but there's an international flatrate box that's $9.50, if you can fit them inside.

The cheapest way WILL be USPS. Don't even bother with the other carriers.

Awesome. I will definitely try that out then. They come in a pretty standard shoe box, so they will probably fit the falt rate box. I'll check it out this afternoon.

Thanks for the advice.

yeah they're crazy small... but I can cop kid sizes for half the money...

(just conditioned with Obenhauf's)

Edit: big post about mes bottes

when I just got them!

boots-1.jpg

botts.jpg

Shit job with allen edmond self applicator polish

boots1.jpg

boots.jpg

Now (with kiwi brown, cordovan, and navy blue)

bottes.jpg

botte2.jpg

Holy shit! These are amazing!!

What brand? They remind me of my own shoes but more authentic!:D

l_6bf221a4859729164ed8bf44c79acc8b.jpg

Charles Tyrwhitt Jodhpurs. I got them because I wanted to try out expensive shoes, but yeesh that color. I had to do something about it. I love them now, they're part of me.

posted this somewhere else:

"Kiwi wax polish. Grab Cordovan, Navy Blue, and Brown. Meltonian Burgundy is good for a quick finish and polish job, good to have around, but if you have time to sit down and polish go for the wax. I would put brown 1st, all over. Wipe, Cordovan all over, wipe. Now use navy blue on certain parts to accentuate, be smart. Basically avoid all flex points with the blue --- actually, be careful with putting too much anything on the flex points. I would however, cake polish on the rest of the boot, like put a lot, otherwise it won't be visible. It'll take a few sessions or so to get to where you want. Brown makes it darker instantly. You need this, because polish is transparent. Cordovan is pretty much a burgundy color, so this is the main thing. Blue is great for accentuation, it looks really nice. When you've done this a few times, you can just stick with cordovan and blue, maybe throw in brown again every now and then. Also, condition the hell of them before you start all this, with like mink oil or something. Finally, have fun with it ---- it's like painting. "

emaze, great centennial RW! I love the double stiching at the sole of those.. now if I just could find em in 11 EE..

get them in Hong Kong...

Ok, so I'm officially in love with the Wings + Horns service boots:

http://peasant.mesv.org/shop/product/473

But $720 is way out of my price range. Can anybody recommend something similiar for less than $350?

check out buttero's (around 400) or ndcs'( around 450)

jeebus are you really that brainwashed to lust after a beat-ass boot for $750.00 just because it says "W+H" on it?

$39.99 on ebay

abf2_1.JPG

Not at all. I wear Nike's almost exclusively, and I'd never even heard of W+H before I saw those shoes in the supershopper forum. The fact that they're W+H means nothing to me, that's why I asked for a cheaper alternative.

Posting these here so they hit the proper audience:

For Sale!!! Two pair of Custom Order Whites Boots! We mocked these up to see how they would turn out! Now that we've seen them, its time for them to get a good home.

First Pair are the Semi Dress, in dry tan brown, with THE TRIPLE SOLE!! Double Leather and composition vibram. Size 9.5D $440

Second Pair are Lace to toe Smoke Jumpers, in oil tan brown, Single Leather Sole! These are bad ass without the lug vibram on them....very Monkey Boot looking! Size 8.5D $485

Shipping is included to the U.S....International shipping just a few bucks more.

IMG_0258.jpg

IMG_0259.jpg

IMG_0260-1.jpg

Bill, while both of those are too small for me, I have a question about the Semi-Dress: Is the upper calf? How much is the extra cost for the triple sole? Also, do you know the extra cost with a different leather, specifically Buffalo? If these questions are better suited for a call to White's itself, I will, but I would appreciate if you could answer what you know.