Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

Gotcha.

One more question, if you don't mind.

Are these, IYO, boots that can stand up to abuse?

Not working construction type abuse, but a couple miles of walking every day and spending most of each day one ones feet? I love the looks of them, and I'm tired of Doc's and combat boots, but if they aren't good and durable I'll have to look in another direction.

I've got dress boots. I need an every day boot with the AF60's looks.

you won't find a more durable boot. cordovan boots are an heirloom piece---------you may eventually need to resole them, but that's about it. they will outlive you so long as you don't wear them every day. they require minimal maintenance.

one thing to consider:

some advise keeping cordovan boots dry

others say they are perfect for snow and rain

there is no consensus.

Nothing like a bag of bubbly.

Do you know if they are exclusive to the Carmel store?

My local Alden dealer hasn't even heard of them.

by the way, many local alden stores don't use the AF (alden fan) model numbering system. for instance, my local store in manhattan uses different model numbers to describe simillar shoes as the alden fan shoes.

it's better to ask specific shoe features instead. but, if you want the EXACT shoe that ddml has (black shell cordovan lace-up boot with cap toe and commando sole), you will probably have to order it from carmel.

BTW, i'm loving my shell cordovans. but it's one of those things (like jeans) that you will love more as time passes.

shell cordovan is supposed to be the only leather that a) doesn't wrinkle and B) is naturally waterproof.

people report that water makes the leather bubble; some say the bubbles go away when they dry, others report that the bubbles never go away

good choice, sam. keep us abreast and provide pics!

those tricker and russell boots are nice. I'm looking for this redwing model but the only sites that pop up with it are japanese sites. It sucks, i can't find them in the country they're made in. Here's a pic of them worn in. If you know where to get these, let me know.

015.jpg

http://www.onlineshoes.com/productpage.asp?type=brand&brandid=57&brandcatid=454&gen=m&pcid=13594

These are the closest thing I have found and are the same shoe but with a moc toe instead. They are really nice and look great when you break them in but holy shit it takes a while.

I just bought these from virtual clothes horse. I am hoping they will look better with age. I think I am getting them for about 150 bucks too, but not sure.

http://www.virtualclotheshorse.com/index.php?page=shop/flypage&product_id=210942&category_id=81083253317

I hope they fit, haha. Now if somone will just buy the nudies I have up for sale on styleforum(where my name is denimaddict)....cough....then I can actually afford these boots.

I have a few pair of shoes that I really like.

My faves are Costume National "Texas". They have a real beefy heel, pointy toe, and almost look like cowboy boots under bootcut jeans.

I also have soime Blundstone black "dress" boots. These Blunnies are awesome. Tough as nails, I wear them almost daily. Super light weight, so they surprised me with durability. If it's okay to post a link, www.aussiegeardirect.com is a great place to buy them.

For tennis shoes, I picked up some John Varvatos laceless Converse recently. They are low top ALL Stars with an edge. Blue suede, pinstripe lining, and a see through sole.

so what do you think???

they fit?

what strikes me is how diifferent the #8 color looks in each shot. the leather sole dresses up the boot. they do look good with those jeans.

They actually fit spot on. Can't wait for them to mold to the foot and become really worn in. Yeah, the color is constantly changing depending on the lighting. Thanks for the intro to the brand DDML.

Edit: They are dressy right now. But I think that's because of the shine and newness of them. Hopefully when they get beat up a bit, I can go both ways. There is a pair of Indy Cordovan's in the far far far far future for me though!

I normally wear 9.5 to 10 depending on the shoe. I went with a 9D on these. If you live in the Bay Area, it's best to just try on some Alden's at the store to figure out your size, that's what I did. They actually look small compared to some of my other shoes. The heels seem standard, measured 1"

they say you should size down on plaza lasts; they measure longer than standard. However, I'm 9.5 (rarely 10) and 9.5 plaza feels perfect.

i don't know what last miz & dd's boots are built on. you should go into the SF alden store.

if money were no object, greentea, you may consider placing a custom order for black cordovan indys. heat!

whoa. black indiana jones... played by mos def. directed by... spike lee.