Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

Can anyone - GregNYC :) - tell me how the C&J Conistons fit in UK sizing, relative to other brands?

I have the Trickers Stow in both 7UK & 7.5UK. Would the Conistons have a similar fit?

Thanks in advance!

Hey Riff -- Maybe amlai or fre$co can. I have only tried on Trickers and Lobbs a few times, and would need more testing to really compare. From what I remember, the lengths seem similar, but the Conistons' last is wider than the boots I tried from the others. I'm 9 in C&J, and I seem to remember being 9 or 9.5 in Trickers and Lobb.

I'd say Trickers Stow fit pretty similar to C&J Coniston. The Coniston are perhaps slightly narrower but maybe not enough to need to size up in the width. I'm not sure though after reading what Greg has to say. They look a lot sleeker than the Stow for sure.

Very nice boots indeed. I'd say go with the same size.

No, in Canada. I've bought some trickers off Ebay, both from Retricker and sausages234. Sausages said he could probably find me some conistons, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed....

Thanks Greg, 9 or 9.5 D or E. I just wanted to know if they hold them in stock there really.

This was a couple of months ago, but I was there trying on a bunch of shoes and I'm pretty sure that they had it in stock (and I tried them on). The issue is that you never know if they'll have cigar in stock since it does tend to sell out. If the chukkas fit my foot right, I would've walked out with them. They do usually have #8 chukkas available and they have whiskey on display, (but I believe not available).

Chicken/anyone with banana interests:

I decided to go for the banana polish just to see what would happen. I did it to an old pair of cole haans I had in highschool. A bit scuffed but still mostly shiny. I must say I'm not sure the banana did a damn thing except make them smell like a smoothie and feel slightly tacky for the next day. No harm seems to have been done, but I can't see what good it did. I'd be interested to try it on some truly dried out leather, since I think that might be a better test . . . anyone got some busted old shoes?

those look like a boot version of the LL bean blucher moc. also a brand called rogues gallery did one a year ago. I love this boot!

These are some beauties from a new brand named Carleton. What other shoes look like these?

product2262_alt3.jpg

product2262_alt1.jpg

I went Red Wing crazy this last weekend. I couldn't find a pair of 875s that was as comfortable as the pair I gave away. So I tried two other styles, the black 8130s and a model I had never seen before. Brown oil-tanned 8146s with a chunky Vibram sole. Now *these* are comfortable! And they are darker than they appear in this photo. More pictures later.

rws.all.gif