Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

obviously apart from cordovan, I think brown and tan boots match better with raw denim. Maybe its just because they are more work boot like than black to me.

Those black cherry redwings that Edmond has is hella tempting too....

bill, do you think it's worth it for me to get a made-to-measure pair since i have a pretty wide feet and tiny ankles? or does that matter at all?

i've never had a chance to try on white's semi-dress, which is what i'm interested in. but for example, my alden indys are giving me a problem around the ankles -- i can't tie them snug.

Chicken, I wouldn't worry about the problem with the ankles. I too have skinny ankles and this has been a problem with every boot I have ever worn, except for Whites. The sides of the boot where the eyelets are is spaced wider apart than any boot I have seen; you should have no problem getting the snug.

G

So H&M has come out with some boots this fall. They are very true to H&M style; pretty good looking, cheap and probably of horrible quality. Prices were a little under 50 euros and they were available in black and 2 tone brown.

If anyone grabs a pair i'd be interested to hear more about them...

Ha, I know they're a British company, but it seems that not many of their stores in the UK stock the leather version of those Chukka boots...that's if they even stock the Chukka boots in the first place.

You can order them straight from the factory. If you have a chance to go to their Jermyn street shop you can measure your size. By ordering from the factory you can have what ever like chukka boots you like (different leathers, color, combinations, soles, etc...). I would like to have their jodhpur boots...

Ha, I know they're a British company, but it seems that not many of their stores in the UK stock the leather version of those Chukka boots...that's if they even stock the Chukka boots in the first place.

Are you in England right now? You should either call the factory store, you may be in luck with the size that you need. Otherwise try pediwear.co.uk and ask them if they can source it for you. Pediwear is known to give discounts off MSRP if you ask.

so i picked up a pair of old beat up pair of Redwing irish setters 875 from a thrift store the leather still looks good but it could use a buff.

any tips on how to bring the leather back to life? products to use? mink oil seems to be the popular choice but i've read some where that it softens the leather too much.