Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

I love this thread! So much good information. I tried doing the ian knot, and I just lack the finger dexterity/ patience(ironically) to do it.

Its been a year since I've been lusting over the alden shell cordos and I've finally pulled the trigger (thanks miz.) If it weren't for this thread I also wouldn't have come across the trickers stow. Waiting sucks.

updated pictures of my red wing 1905. these are around 8 or 9 months old and on their second set of soles. for those in the new york area empire shoes on lexington and 71st will hook you up with a set of white rubber vibrams for $35 and usually do it in 24 hours maybe less.

IMG_0427.jpg

updated pictures of my red wing 1905. these are around 8 or 9 months old and on their second set of soles. for those in the new york area empire shoes on lexington and 71st will hook you up with a set of white rubber vibrams for $35 and usually do it in 24 hours maybe less.

IMG_0427.jpg

Love them, Partytaco. Did you wear them everyday? Those shoes tells a story....even the patina from your indigo jeans. Good job.

okay. so I've ammassed a decent collection of brown boots. All three red wing clapton classics and redwing 100Th ann 1905's. I have a pretty good classic americana type wardrobe but I'm putting away some cash to purchase a few classic black items for my wardrobe at the end of the summer. I'm liking something in a black shell cordovan. I like the alden chukka or indy boot. But I'm also planning on purchasing either the eastmen leather luftwaffe black flight jacket or an aeroleather wild one biker jacket.,...will the sheen of the cordovan be too much of clash/ contrast with different leathers? what are you guys opinions?

Love them, Partytaco. Did you wear them everyday? Those shoes tells a story....even the patina from your indigo jeans. Good job.

i walk (and hike...when i can find time to get out of the city) a lot so i go through boots/shoes/soles quickly. red wings were rotated with these...

lone wolf carpenter

IMG_0434.jpg

wesco jobmaster

IMG_0437.jpg

alden modify boot

IMG_0436.jpg

and tomorrow i will get these back from the shoe repair shoppe. usually against used shoes/boots but for these i made an exception.

IMG_0417-1.jpg

can anyone recommend where i can find boots similar to thisthat end where the double buckle on these begin. I want around a 6 hole boot with thinner soles than something like redwings. i dont really wanna go with repros but rather with something with good construction. Thanks for any help.1b4522130.jpg

What do you say about these? I think they're nice. Not sure about the "rotten" look of the leather. Those small japanese companies make sometimes really nice stuff...

Foot The Coacher -"Rotten Shark"

rottenshark1.jpg

rottenshark2.jpg

rottenshark4.jpg

rottenshark6.jpg

Thanks! Got them off Ebay from a seller in England for about 300 USD. (cheaper than Pediwear and rarer too) My cousin is getting married end of the month so guess it's a good enough excuse. Now I'm just this close to getting a pair in acorn antique.

Bought myself a pair of Blundstone 500...Great price...

They're extremely comfortable and very lightweight...which makes them more versatile than my Red wings.....Really an all season boot.

And found a big tin of RM Williams saddle dressing....

s7000214ic9.jpg

talking about collections, I just got my 6th pair of Red wings.

Feels like I should branch out!

Which boots do you feel are "must haves"?

like:

Redwing - 875 and..

Alden - Indy and..

Right now I have a pair of Indy's, a leather soled Red Wing, and a Crepe Soled Pair; and some random vintage stuff. . .

I feel like I'm missing: A good pair of captoe Alden cordovans; A pair of Alden Whiskey Chukkas, and a pair of the Lone Wolf's (can't decide if I want the cats paw or the crepe though. . .)