Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

amazing craftmanship indeed; how much did it cost you for the Alden job? did he do a rewelt on those?

had some time today to give some of my boots a long overdue treatment

after a soap bath

7235579940_0995627b87.jpg

IMG_3370 by SLAB13, on Flickr

Alden Roy's got a coating of Renovateur

7235583946_16af8d7009.jpg

IMG_3377 by SLAB13, on Flickr

Indy's glowing after another Pecard treatment (i find the Alden calf leather very fragile; already two cuts on the toe area of the left boot)

7235585262_978c3895d9.jpg

IMG_3378 by SLAB13, on Flickr

The results

7235586538_dbe4d79196.jpg

IMG_3382 by SLAB13, on Flickr

7235577526_2d57972a0e.jpg

IMG_3383 by SLAB13, on Flickr

both boots will need resoling soon; thinking about sending them to Richard of the Shoehealer

pwing's, not mine, chippewa engineer boots: specs: - double leather mid-sole - leather outsole - cat's paw heel - custom buckles chippewa_redux1.jpgchippewa_redux6.jpgchippewa_redux7.jpg my alden's orthopedic boots, black kid skin Specs: - double leather mid-sole - vintage biltrite soles and heels alden_redux3.jpgalden_redux4.jpg craftsmanship is fabulous as usual.

hi there! who was the cobbler for this? thanks

amazing craftmanship indeed; how much did it cost you for the Alden job? did he do a rewelt on those?

Thanks! The job cost around $200, given the crappy exchange rate. It was the original welt, still in good shape.

hi there! who was the cobbler for this? thanks

Mr. Okuyama from Hukurokuju. I only give my boots to him to re-craft, because in my opinion, he's the best.

those buckles look fantastic. so much better than the stock buckles.

pwing's, not mine, chippewa engineer boots:

specs:

- double leather mid-sole

- leather outsole

- cat's paw heel

- custom buckles

chippewa_redux1.jpg

chippewa_redux6.jpg

chippewa_redux7.jpg

my alden's orthopedic boots, black kid skin

Specs:

- double leather mid-sole

- vintage biltrite soles and heels

alden_redux3.jpg

alden_redux4.jpg

craftsmanship is fabulous as usual.

hey, does anyone here own russell moccasins and whites? thinking about getting either the white's centennial hikers or the russell hikers and wondered if anyone could compare worksmanship between the 2 companies. and which do people think would be heavier? (as i definitely prefer a lighter boot). the whites are cheaper so i'm definitely tempted to go with those...

I have russells and whites. The craftmanship is great on both. Overall russells are probably an Sergio lot lighter, depending on sole choice. My chukkas are way lighter than semi dress but there is a lot more leather in the whites.

Russells are also softer and more forgiving.

whoa! I can't believe your selling them. I figured that would be a pair you'd never let go. I'm guessing you want the Lofgren HH boots, so these are gonna help pay for the them. Crazy, I love those Bucos.

Edited by attackwithstones

Been trolling the forums for a while, figured I might as well make an account and start posting pics now that my girl got a decent camera. I just have to say, crashtestbrummie, you have some of the most beautiful boots I have ever seen. Everytime I'm drooling over boot/shoe pics I look at the poster and it's you.

Not on par with any of you guys' Trickers or Whites, but these are my 214s, they are seeing a lot of wear (179 days wear, the last 140 were in a row) now that I have some Red Core denim. I'll post my other Red Wings (875, 9042), along with my thrift store finds when I take more pictures, this pic wasn't meant for this thread (I wanted my first post to have all my boots and shoes) but I couldn't help myself.556172_10150142801489967_508069966_1710491_777189680_n.jpg

Edited by Poonjo

Been trolling the forums for a while, figured I might as well make an account and start posting pics now that my girl got a decent camera. I just have to say, crashtestbrummie, you have some of the most beautiful boots I have ever seen. Everytime I'm drooling over boot/shoe pics I look at the poster and it's you.

too kind, but cheers anyway! you'll like my stuff if you're into brogue boots or veldt stuff; not much else there to mention, though...

i'll get a family pic up one day when i can be arsed to bring them all outside.

Buco's are fitted a little larger than tagged size, around a half size larger. It's pretty close to a d width however.

I thought mb was like a us8 or smaller....

Anyway with half a size up, it is close but I am a 9.5 in whites. Damn....

Posted · Hidden by fre-co, May 23, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by fre-co, May 23, 2012 - No reason given

Buco's are fitted a little larger than tagged size, around a half size larger. It's pretty close to a d width however.

I thought mb was like a us8 or smaller....

Anyway with half a size up, it is close but I am a 9.5 in whites. Damn....

sorry guise. i really hate to quote pics... but COME ON.

as i've been making the move to slightly more proper every day garb, i'm going to begin putting away the sneaker collection and doing some real footwear. i have a lot of reading / research to do in this thread, putting that out there upfront. BUT can someone explain the basics of what this is? essentially, what would be the style / defining characteristics of a boot similar in nature to this? i want.

grazie

Natural CXL from Motor in Japan (not my boots, not my photos):

lace-up007_R.jpg

Worn:

RIMG0019after2.jpg

Once more, this is why Baker/White's needs to get some Natural CXL.

Edit: No fucking way! Kyle, you posted that as I was composing this post. Finally!

whoa! I can't believe your selling them. I figured that would be a pair you'd never let go. I'm guessing you want the Lofgren HH boots, so these are gonna help pay for the them. Crazy, I love those Bucos.

I can't believe I'm selling them either. Oddly, it has nothing to do with the Lofgren boots. I was sitting there last night and decided it's time for a rotation.

Wow MB, that's a steal right there. Especially when the patina is starting to look good. Its so true regarding the leather, tough as sh**. probably got a million offers already.

I think it's a great deal since I did all the "heavy lifting" giving it that patina. that picture on my blog is the boot actually balancing on the other =)

can i fit in what mb is selling? i wear a 8.5E on whites

The boots are a little big on me. Over the years I've purchased quite a few boots bigger than my size just because they looked too amazing to pass up. this pair is one of them. I normally wear a 7 1/2 to 8, but these fit like a 9'ish +/-

Curse your feet MB, I would jump on those if they were my size.

If anyone is looking for super detailed measurements, let me know.

Can anyone recommend a quality engineer boot in the 400-600 range? I've looked at Wesco, Redwing and Lone Wolf. Really like the Lone Wolfs but I think I may be half a size larger then their biggest. Is there anything else I'm missing? I've been chasing a deal on engineer boots ever since I passed on these brand new RRLs for 200... its been 6 months and I'm still kicking myself.

edit: Im looking for that double sole, black look of the RRL/Lone Wolf. I'm tempted with Mister Freedom just down the street but I really cant afford to step up to the road champs...

Edited by gnu

At the high end+ of your price range, you can have a pair of Viberg's made with double mid-soles. I'd say WESCO's, but they've raised their prices.

If one is dead set on a certain pair of boots, they'll totally be able to obtain them. That 400-600 can be put toward the actual goal pair...with just a little bit of patience rather than an "interim" pair.

I speak from experience. I never purchase on credit - I like to buy my things outright and if it takes an extra week or two for that holy grail item, then so be it.

Good luck!