Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

but if you decide to go for a brogue, and a hard-wearing one, then go for one of tricker's standard models and not a collab...

Sound advice from Ben . If it is a brogue boot you are looking , to be worn with jeans , then go traditional , heavy , welted , rounder toed and in a dark colour (trickers marron would be the lightest I would go for now ) An Alfred Sargent or Trickers model would be my choice . Shoes are different in my opinion , the tradtional rounder toed models are a bit "clumpy" looking to me . There is more variety of choice in the market but shoes are a more versatile item of clothing than boots . My .02c fwiw .

Edited by mikedbt5

Jesus , I must be losing it .. watching the bbc series of Tinker . Tailor . Soldier .. from the late 1970s on you tube and looking at what fkin shoes they are weariing... Lots of brogues and clickety heeels lol !

Shoes are different in my opinion , the tradtional rounder toed models are a bit "clumpy" looking to me . There is more variety of choice in the market but shoes are a more versatile item of clothing than boots . My .02c fwiw .

Picked these up a while back for work , they are a Loake mto for an Edinburgh shoe shop . Loake arent maybe eveyones taste but these are really good quality shoes and a very comfortable wear . I happen to prefer a more angular profile in a shoe than a rounder toe but still like the commando sole option . These worked out well .

001.jpg

002-1.jpg

004.jpg

I think the Road Champs can get a very nice toe profile and wear in a short amount of time. With Wesco's you're going to have to wear them longer to get the same patina, and wear on them. I came VERY close to getting a pair but ended up needing the money for something else.

I'd go wesco myself, but I'm biased. Think of it as a pair of jeans. If your jeans wear in and fade right away as opposed to a pair that takes a long time, which pair is going to break down and have holes quicker? I'd go with the pair that takes forever... that means they'd probably last forever too...

am I just too much of a newb to be a bit shocked that the Mister Freedom Engineer boots cost $950.? dont get me wrong,m they are nice, but I would think at that price, a Wesco would fit the bill a bit better.

I've never liked them. The ankle strap is way too high. I really like the fit and toe profile on my Red Wing 2970.

I called Mister Freedom and they have a pair of Mason engineer boots in my size. I'm driving down to sell my M6 and if they don't have any then i'll drive down to HTC. I need to get a pair of pants hemmed so might as well knock out two birds with one stone.

Then i'm going to Sunrise Cycles. Not like you guys really want to know my whole schedule.

Hey SXE, how exactly does one mosh or stage dive with those? Or do you wear those to the show and then take them off outside and put on some dunks to mosh it up?

I'm totally kidding.

I wreck in my engineer boots, no problem. :D