Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

ha, thanks - they're the 'eaton' model by Tricker's, which is basically a semi-brogue stow boot.

Yep. These have been for sale on StyleForum for a while... Absolutely loving them:

P1000519.JPG

Edited by Seul

the tricker's factory shop has been selling some in acorn antique for a while, sadly (or luckily) none in my size. retricker1829 on ebay, but they're on their easter hols at the moment. fantastic in acorn, really like the look of them.

Edited by CrashTestBrummie

so... i completely disregarded everything--because the man at sherman brothers sold me the alden shoe dressing claiming that "it's got the same conditioning power of meltonian, but it will be shinier"--that everyone said about cxl leather. i mean, they are shinier, but the leather seems pretty well dried out :(. i'll just buy some meltonian and do it again, but condition them after the wax wears a little. sort of regret it, but i regret most things...

love em, but the chromexcel does seem to be pretty dry.

before

DSC_0194.jpg

DSC_0195.jpg

DSC_0196.jpg

DSC_0198-1.jpg

DSC_0200.jpg

DSC_0199-1.jpg

Edited by wgmds

Burg Und Shild, DC4, and 14oz are the main denim and boot shops in Berlin. All have very good, English language websites I believe that should tell you all you need to know.

They are all located reasonably close to each other too, all within walking distance of Alexanderplatz.

Edited by Megatron1505

Update on my semi-dress:

10 months ago....:

5803411375_2cb726a94e_b.jpg

Today

6918085966_8a51a65749_b.jpg

And wesco boss after a winter of wear, I emailed wesco about a rebuild for these since i wanted a vibram half sole and natural edge... $270 including one way shipping, but the can rebuild them in an e width for me. at that price I am tempted to just sell them on and custom order another pair or the new white's nomad.

Coleslaw: how much is a resole like that through your guy?

7064163115_644c5f4040_b.jpg

Fuck, this wait for my White's is killing me.

the wait is worth it...

Knucks... They look a bit tight from the angle of the photo. Are they the stock semi brown?

Question:

I'm off to Berlin for 2 weeks.

would anyone recomend nice shop for boots and shoes there?

thank you

i used to live in berlin for a long time, now down in the provinces

14 oz. expensive, selection of goods and stuff not so different from what you get in NYC, but expect to pay more (a lot more)

if you're looking for some euro style red wings. the guys running the shop http://redwing-berlin.de/

are the same running "burg und schild" ( http://burgundschild.com/

all of these shops are quite close to each other. but to be honest there is not much to envy there, if you're coming from NYC

Edited by heinrich BCN