Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

really wanted some leather laces from white's (bakers, actually) and they're $6, but $10 for shipping! wish i ordered them with my shoes to stop the hassle.

really wanted some leather laces from white's (bakers, actually) and they're $6, but $10 for shipping! wish i ordered them with my shoes to stop the hassle.

Im sure you could find some locally, yea?

but what you need to do is post up some pics of your SD's...its been about a month now, right?

Edited by garden gnomes in space

Thats a lot of crepe....

Good stuff

you definitely like that crepe..

:D No secret here - my all time favourite sole. When they became available on Trickers & McNairy, happiness was complete... :D

:D No secret here - my all time favourite sole. When they became available on Trickers & McNairy, happiness was complete... :D

I've been thinking of resoling some Clarks DBs with a 4014 sole just for the hell of it.... not sure if I really wanna invest too much in them though.

Currently do a hand made boot project.Where can i buy wooden pegs ? i am going to do it the old way.Any source or anybody can help me out to obtain this. many thanks in advance. :)

I've been thinking of resoling some Clarks DBs with a 4014 sole just for the hell of it.... not sure if I really wanna invest too much in them though.

i did mine with the cristy sole and it worked out well. huge improvement in comfort and i think it looks pretty nice. was $55 to have it done and i got the boots back when they were only $70 or so. with how much they've gone up in price, though, when it comes time for another pair of chukkas, i'll just go with red wings.

6930450279_4dc6c71b12_z.jpg

Edited by Rob060

Still totally love my white's. I'm just a little concerned about how much time I've got left on the right leather sole. I dont know what it is, but I seem to really drag my toe on the right boot. Guess I should have gotten toe taps.

whites45.jpg

speaking of taps I just had Kyle add some taps on mine

i used neatsfoot yesterday, with a little dubbin, to darken the eatons and get a better contrast with the welt:

dsc02193t.jpg

Sorry, had to quote... Never fell in love with a pair of boots this quickly...

Sorry, had to quote... Never fell in love with a pair of boots this quickly...

ha, thanks - they're the 'eaton' model by Tricker's, which is basically a semi-brogue stow boot.

i had it made to order (mto) by tricker's via the shoehealer (mto gallery here) based on a design sold by leather soul hawaii a while ago. they've since done a similar boot but in black.

the coffee version attracted a lot of love and the shoehealer has since sold a run of them commissioned by him from tricker's although i think they're out of stock at the moment...

Capri shoes in Fullerton California

really nice job. im getting mine like that asap. can i get the info? like what do i tell them that i want? also how much did they charge you? thanks

any of you folks know about limmer boots? a family friend of mine who knows a whole mess about hiking/ boots recommends these to the highest degree. if any of you folks are looking for some serious hikers, and want an american made pair that rivals viberg's prices, here's the company for you!

http://limmercustomboot.com/index.php?id=9

http://www.forbes.com/forbes/2009/0622/entrepreneurs-peter-limmer-footwear-bootstrapped.html

was playing with the idea of getting the red wing 3140 for a step up in quality from my clarks. went in to a store to try some on last week to get an idea of how they size and feel and going a full size down from my clarks felt just about right, considering how much they'd stretch. now i just found them online in that size, on sale for $190. think it's time to pull the trigger.

Edited by Rob060

Not a great pic but nonetheless , Alfred Sargent Montrose . Picked these up from having a rubber cover sole and some caps added on Friday . A heavy boot , the double leather soles are 13mm thick not incl the rubber cover, yet a very comfortable wear .

015-2.jpg

Alden x Leather Soul Pitt boot, worn by me since December but purchased second hand. Alden 405s, since about September.

CIgBil.jpg

Trfwbl.jpg

i85Oml.jpg

vsd9hl.jpg

uuJvjl.jpg

APQbCl.jpg

any of you folks know about limmer boots? a family friend of mine who knows a whole mess about hiking/ boots recommends these to the highest degree. if any of you folks are looking for some serious hikers, and want an american made pair that rivals viberg's prices, here's the company for you!

http://limmercustomb.../index.php?id=9

http://www.forbes.co...otstrapped.html

i read about them before. They are pretty much the real deal of what teh Danner Mountain Light used to be. If I needed a heavy duty hiker, they would probably be in my list of choices.