Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

holy fuck, those are nice. Thats pretty much what i want. mind if I ask the final price?

Build specs?

Classic Semi Dress by White's Boots

Hardware Black Eyes & Hooks, Edge Brown, Upper (Shaft) Leather Black Chrome Excel by Horween, Midsole Single, Size - Length 9, Toe Vamp Leather Black Chrome Excel by Horween, Size - Width D (medium), Pull Loops No Thanks, Sole Vibram Composition Half Sole

HH, that smell is glorious!

AWS, no one can advocate skinny jeans, but i'm a skinny man!

love those SD's, they really are my favourite boots. so versatile to either dress up or dress down, equally comfortable digging a ditch, as sat in a fancy restaurant, tougher than aldens, but not as "work boot" looking as smoke jumpers or moc toe's. Just all round great boots.

Can't wait for mine to come back from their resole :)

love those SD's, they really are my favourite boots. so versatile to either dress up or dress down, equally comfortable digging a ditch, as sat in a fancy restaurant, tougher than aldens, but not as "work boot" looking as smoke jumpers or moc toe's. Just all round great boots.

Can't wait for mine to come back from their resole :)

How long did you have them before they needed a resole?

I bought mine used from xchen, with a single leather sole. Through my own idiocy I had a local cobbler add a vibram lug sole to allow me to wear them through the winter, this totally ruined the profile of the boots, and the workmanship was awful. I have now sent them to James Taylor and sons, in London to be professionally resoled.

Start complaining about foot pain and then school her on the benefits of "Arch Ease."

right on. I seriously am considering a pair of these in the next month or so. Not sure if I want black or brown cxl. I just need to figure out how to make my wife want me to get them. I need to think up some bullshit about how it will make me a better man or something.....

ah, Filsons. I grew up in Seattle, and used to go check out the shop from time to time. I have an old Mackinaw cruiser and an old small carry on, not sure the model #. Its a shame they make the boots abroad, as they used to be really well known for durability and craftsmanship. I mean, Im sure the DR made boots are fine, but I will never buy a shoe or boot that is made somewhere else because labor is cheaper.

right on. I seriously am considering a pair of these in the next month or so. Not sure if I want black or brown cxl. I just need to figure out how to make my wife want me to get them. I need to think up some bullshit about how it will make me a better man or something.....

I'm not sure if you're serious or not. If you are I feel sorry for you, you seem to lack direction in life. You can't have it all so either put your wife on the curb (with the kids if you got any of 'em) and get the boots or don't even think about wanting them and cherish your wife always every day. That's enlightenment.

Seriously, what the fuck has convincing his wife that he needs new boots got to do with lacking direction in life? I buy shit that my wife may not like and vice versa, nothing to do with direction or a happy family, just something that married couples have been doing for years.

You might want to hustle your "Jerry Springers last thought" bull shit somewhere else. This is a clothing forum, we buy and discuss clothes and shoes. Stop trolling and contribute.

what's the sizing advice for RRL's engineers anyways?

a bit late with the sizing advise but I took them in half size down (same as my Alden Barrie/trubalance size) and they fit like a glove. They dont have any heel slippage (unlike my MF road champs which are also the same size). on the other hand, my feet are a bit more narrow than 'normal feet' so maybe thats why I got away with sizing down on the RRL engineers.

if anyone is interested in a pair of cheap Red wing engineers 2268 size 7.5 with defect, hit me up. also selling a pair of brand new RW pecos size 8E.

damn. if i didn't get my white's, then i would've gotten those exact wescos (with nickel buckles). looking great! if i ever get more money in the future, i think i'll end up getting white's engineers (if they ever come out).

either way, dope!

that louis vuitton video was out of left field. i'm impressed. never in a million years would i have thought that they were actually making good shoes!

Is this a real statement? You think someone can stay being a luxury fashion house for 158 years and have a yearly revenue of 2.5 billion euros without making good products?

Edited by akuma no uta

Is this a real statement? You think someone can stay being a luxury fashion house for 158 years and have a yearly revenue of 2.5 billion euros without making good products?

absofuckinglutely. it's been said on here that john lobb (i believe i saw EG and C&J, too) has outsourced their productions, so what's so ridiculous about me thinking that a multinational, impersonal super sized company like louis vuitton would not phone in some stuff and bullshit the prices simply because they can?

also, do you think the rich moms buying LV would A: give a shit about the quality as long as it had the print on it, and B: would even notice shoddier quality? my money--or lack of money--is on no.

Edited by wgmds

great to hear! i'm not in favor of fucking people over, but it's a smart business plan :P

great to hear! i'm not in favor of fucking people over, but it's a smart business plan :P

you fucking know it :D

c&j are pretty well known for refusing to sacrifice their in-house quality in favour of increased output - i suppose that's a key benefit of being family-owned still (by the joneses, the crocketts are apparently solicitors these days), so there are no outside pressures to increase profitability at any cost.

a lot of websites that carry their stuff warn that there might be a wait for certain models due to increased worldwide demand for their stuff.