Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

weird, white sd`s are true to brannock size. with the alden barrie/tb/modified you size 1/2 down from your brannock size.

My Alden trubalance size is also half down from my SD size. One thing to note about SDs is that they will actually become a little shorter when they are broken in. I don't remember where I read this but I think it was White's or Bakers advice.

quick question for you guys. I recently got a pair of Julian Boots off of ebay - (very similar to these http://www.reveilles...-reveille-boot/). should I put a shoe tree in them? there doesn't seem to be any harm in it, but I worry that to push it in I'm somehow damaging the top of the boot. in general do boots need shoe trees?

Say what? You are asking if some heavy assed Full grain leather boots can be damaged by putting in a shoe tree designed to help your shoes/boots remain in good condition.

quick question for you guys. I recently got a pair of Julian Boots off of ebay - (very similar to these http://www.reveilleshop.com/shop/julian-the-reveille-boot/). should I put a shoe tree in them? there doesn't seem to be any harm in it, but I worry that to push it in I'm somehow damaging the top of the boot. in general do boots need shoe trees?

The trees will only damage your boots if they take root in the soles or if the branches start growing through the eyelets. Other than that you'll be fine.

The thing you must remember with trees is that their bark is worse than their bite.

Edited by Maynard Friedman

i take the same size in White's SD and Alden Barrie/Trubalance but my Alden's are 8D while the White's are 8C.

Robroy, great pair of custom Wesco's; i would take a regular shorter heel with that profile but thats personal taste of course

Now this, my friend, is an AWESOME pair of boots!! You've captured such a classic look. Congrats!!

robroy, those boots are amazing.

i take the same size in White's SD and Alden Barrie/Trubalance but my Alden's are 8D while the White's are 8C.

Robroy, great pair of custom Wesco's; i would take a regular shorter heel with that profile but thats personal taste of course

Thanks guys and thanks to Marineabilly for the blog.

The last profile pretty much dictates the heel height. When I spoke with WESCO's custom fit guru I was told I could go down one lift in the heel without screwing with things too much, but no more than that. The tall arch profile of the western last needs the support of a tall heel. In the end I defferd to the expert

I think the heel height looks perfect. I always feel like boots like that look really weird when people fiddle with heel height and such. like the white's with the lowered heel, I just feel like they don't look right.

especially this one - IMG_3294.jpg

a double offender - block heel and lowered 1/4

Edited by erk

I think the heel height looks perfect. I always feel like boots like that look really weird when people fiddle with heel height and such. like the white's with the lowered heel, I just feel like they don't look right.

It's always subjective. But I think these boots (block heel, 1/4 lower, from their Facebook page) look pretty damn good

6726728537_5d1ce936a5_z.jpg

Edited by riff

^ that one does look pretty good. If it was a single leather sole, it probably wouldnt though. I also think the lower toe profile helps it.

I still, for the most part, think that the block heel looks weird on white's.

^nice ctb!

those are the standard semi-dress configuration. which I think looks fantastic and doesn't have a block heel.

Yep - they are perfect!!

those look pretty awesome. what's wrong with the sole?

I like them even more minty fresh :D

speaking of resoles, just had these resoled on the cheap. probably wont go back to the same place again.

they did an alright job on the heel when I took em there a year or so ago, but I just had the half sole done and its kinda sloppy.

IMG_0205.jpg

IMG_0206.jpg

IMG_0207.jpg

this one is the worst. the other side of the boot looks ok, and the right boot doesn't have any issues really. half the sole, half the price. $32.50

Edited by erk

cougars?

Here are my WESCO, boss boots. These were made to order for my very narrow foot. Marineabillys blog (http://vintageengine...s.blogspot.com/) was extremely helpfully in researching my order before I placed it. Western last in standard heel height. Personally I love the western profile very vintage looking, standard brown stitching on the uppers and white stitching on the sole. Standard Black steer leather, which is quite flat almost pull up in appearance. Vibram #705 half sole with brown painted edges. 4b90f332.jpg

This is what comes to mind when I see the heel height on your boots...perfect. I may just have to order a pair with your specs.

brando_wildone_1.jpg

Marlon-Brando-The-Wild-One-C10104599.jpg

This is what comes to mind when I see the heel height on your boots...perfect. I may just have to order a pair with your specs.

brando_wildone_1.jpg

Marlon-Brando-The-Wild-One-C10104599.jpg

Godamn if only, those are some awesome pics of brando. Black rebel motorcycle club?

Edited by Robroy

can't believe no one posted these yet... viberg service boots in walnut cordovan, leather looks amazing

walnutone.jpg?w=480&h=270