Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

thanks I do love them, but I also have a pair of Ultimate Indy's and just don't need two pairs of the same boots. Plus, I've been wearing my SD white's a lot more. No motorcycle, just good hard honest wear.... you know seeing them in photos makes me want to wear them again....

hahaha! dude resole those bad boys and fall in love with them again!

i got cats paws for days! and some that fit indys!!!!

email me! i will hook you up!

makes me sad to see those well loved indys go to waist!

sorry, i have a HUGE soft spot for well loved O.G. 405s!

way cooler then the horween ones imho

Edited by TheBlackGoat

I'm not really concerned about it changing color a little, as much as it blending together. I know it will never look like new, but I imagine some ways would probably work better than others. I don't want to mess up my month old boots more than i already have.

you got a lot of choices, if mustang paste is not readily available, mink oil will do the trick.

Hello all,

About a year ago I was in the market for some White's. After going through their catalogue I wasn't finding exactly what I wanted. I spent some time in this thread I found the options that made the perfect boot for me. It was a pair of lined bounty hunters in the oil tanned brown with the composition sole. I wear these to work in a boatyard 3-4 times a week and have decided I want another pair for rotating, instead of the cheap shoes I rotate right now. I am on the eBay quite a bit but being a 10c I don't see pairs that work for me at all. I was wondering I any of you have any experience in sizing and width changes and what you can get away with, i.e. one size down and two widths wider or other variations along that line. Also does lining versus none make a difference? Maybe this isn't done, my first pair was a full two weeks of hell to just be wearable but now they are the best fitting things I have ever put on my feet. You might just say pony up and get what I am sure will fit but I also want a pair of semi-dress for casual wear and can't afford two pair at full price. These will just be a second pair of work boots.

I would like to thank you all for one of the most interesting and informative threads on the Internet and unknowingly helping me a year ago. I will have to get some pictures on here. My boots are finally aged enough (second heel ready for the third as well as a new sole).

I have a question regarding shoes that are made with Horween leather.

Is there suppose to be a tag, certificate, or stamp that signifies that the shoe's leather was made by them? Or do I actually have to cut into the leather to find out.

Just wondering.

Edited by mlwdp

I can fit a 9 RC if i wear 9.5 barrie last right?

baldy, not sure about others but i took the same size in RC as Alden Barrie. Personally I wouldnt size down one size in the RC's

btw anyone know if Julian boots fit same as Alden Barrie? meaning size down half.

I have a question regarding shoes that are made with Horween leather. Is there suppose to be a tag, certificate, or stamp that signifies that the shoe's leather was made by them? Or do I actually have to cut into the leather to find out. Just wondering.

Not sure about others, but my lone wolf engineers came with a horween tag

A real cap-toe plus a 360 storm welt would have made these an insta-cop for me. Nonetheless, beautiful wear. Wish we had more offerings in the natural chromexcel. I'll have to post up my hawaiian stompers - they're just starting to look good...

During WWII Alden only did the stitching to save on leather, after some begging they allowed us to redo this style for this collaboration. From my knowledge no other Alden make-up has had this detail since the 1950's.

Im not keen on the way that some Alden none cordovan boots took knackered after not that much wear. After 8 months, that SE boot just looks a bit tatty. Same goes for the Indy boot, after a few weeks it just seems a bit shabby. Obviously personal preference but I thought back in the old days boots were cherished and looked after, even those that were truly worn for work purposes.