Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

Do they grow in some sort of a circular growth spots/patterns?

I dare say you need some sort of a leather treatment which kills the mould. From experience, RM Williams leather conditioner works well (though I'm not sure how obtainable it'll be for you in the US)

After that it's probably best if you wear the boots regularly (and dry them naturally) with at least a day rest in between.

Been having green fungi like dust in the boots... have cleaned them up dried them but some still came back.. probably due to unproper cleaning but any idea anyone?

Pic?

What's your maintenance process/schedule like?

^Just never take them off.....

Those trickers eatons look rather stained in the picture, what is up with that?

I just soaked my wesco boss in the tub and am wearing sopping wet leather boots now. This is a first for me but it seems to be doing the trick of breaking them in. Yesterday they were instep crushingly tight and I was concerned I'd be selling yet another pair of boots, now they are feeling pretty good.

Edited by fre-co

Im sure these are all over this thread somewhere...but I got my pair of WWII Impressions Boondockers sometime in late october. I've been wearing them constantly since. I'm very impressed with the build quality and how comfortable they are. The first week was absolutely hell wearing them in however, as I've been wearing just sneakers the past two years....it was more like wearing my feet in than wearing in boots in. The leather has loosened up a lot and they feel great. An amazing pair of boots for the price.

^Just never take them off.....

Those trickers eatons look rather stained in the picture, what is up with that?

I just soaked my wesco boss in the tub and am wearing sopping wet leather boots now. This is a first for me but it seems to be doing the trick of breaking them in. Yesterday they were instep crushingly tight and I was concerned I'd be selling yet another pair of boots, now they are feeling pretty good.

Remember to take them off before you put them in the drier!

the almostnice household rw collection

6438522969_dca6423889_z.jpg

left to right, back row: 2992, 2992, 2971(the wife's) 2940, 2936, 8134, 9011

front row: 8113, 9012, 1908, 9030, 1907, 8138

Have you found that the 1907's run smaller than almost all other Red Wing boots? Or is it just me...

saw these in a local store and had to cop'em.

brand: ALEXANDRE - savile row

bild001yw.jpg

bild002bq.jpg

bild003ki.jpg

bild004f.jpg

bild006id.jpg

tag´s saying:

by appointment to

her majesty the queen

tailors

Alexandre of England 1988 Ltd.

Leeds

imo they are well crafted, quality leather, goodyear welted, commando sole...just what i need!

maybe i´ll change the laces to something better looking...and maybe someone from the UK could share some more informations on the brand and everything. thx!

Edited by ThinFinn

Made by John White, I believe.

Alexandre sell suits with a 'Savile Row' tag these days, but I believe they used to be middle-of-the-road made-to-measure tailors back in the 70s and before (that's what my tailor tells me, anyway).

Not sure if this incarnation of Alexandre is a direct descendant of the original brand, or a re-launched name bought up as a 'heritage' brand...

Do RRL engineer boots fit true to size? Does anyone have a pair? I'm usually a 7.5, but I wear a 7 in the Mister Freedom Road Champs. The RRL boots are sweet and made by Julian as well, so I'm trying to buy a pair but can't find too much info on sizing.

I just got mine in the mail and the size 8D measures 11 11/16" x 41/8". I put a quick review on my blog

Made by John White, I believe.

Alexandre sell suits with a 'Savile Row' tag these days, but I believe they used to be middle-of-the-road made-to-measure tailors back in the 70s and before (that's what my tailor tells me, anyway).

Not sure if this incarnation of Alexandre is a direct descendant of the original brand, or a re-launched name bought up as a 'heritage' brand...

I think its the same one. Odd how many brands are reinventing themselves as "heritage", the last thing they wanted to be seen as back in the day. Brutus shirts ffs.

Very nice shoes.