Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

damn riff; how much did you pay for those cordovan Vibergs? The look amazing. They also features in the Free & Easy boots bible edition.

argh, amazing news, i now know which will be my next pair of boots; horsehide White's!

Does Viberg do custom? I'm tempted for a pair of White's semi-dress, but want to see what else is out there

Yeah, they are great, but you have to know what you want. If you see something you like, they can pretty much modify it to suit your tastes.

Edit: rkusmant - yup! :)

Edited by riff

Just email [email protected] - he'll pass you on to someone who can discuss the specifics. It helps if you find a photo online that you can send.

Unfortunately, they are not set up with an online build capability, so when you call them, they can discuss the options, and give you a quote

Some updated images of my brown 1K's at the one yr mark. I applied LP a half dozen times over the year or so and brush them regularly. I applied brown kiwi wax twice but it doesn't look any better after the kiwi so I stick to LP only. The only other care is to remove salt in the winter with a damp cloth. I remove the salt religiously after each wear in the winter, it only takes a minute then I brush them with the LP brush.

IMO, they look the best with a coat of LP and brushed. It brings up a nice, rich luster...not a shine...but not dull. These haven't been brushed in months and are a year old. They just look better and better as the months go by.

DSC_9880j.jpg

DSC_9883j.jpg

DSC_9884j.jpg

DSC_9887j.jpg

DSC_9879j.jpg

I'm still on the fence about adding a vibram composite half sole to the leather soles or wait for the leather to wear out over time and then have a full vibram added. I wore them throughout the winter last year and we had more snow than in the previous ten yrs combined. They held up fine and kept my feet dry, however the leather sole on ice & snow isn't a great choice. The more I consider my options, the half sole idea seems like the wisest choice. It's safer but still maintains the boot's design aesthetics/purpose, i.e., it would make it a more versatile piece of footwear and still look cool, IMO.

I'm hitting myself in the head for not buying those RC's on ebay two weeks ago... :blink: