Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

I've been in tokyo for a few days and had a look at viberg engineers in the warehouse store and Buco's in the real mccoys store... I gotta say those Buco's are damn nice. Unless White's and Bakers can tempt me in the next year or so, I think I will have to stump up the crazy cash for those.

The vibergs didn't do much for me, I'm glad I gave up on the group buy.

the Vibergs posted above didn't do a thing for me Fresco, so I get what your saying. But their was a picture of a Viberg Engineer next to a Service boot, and that particular pair of Viberg Engineer's were sweet!

I finally got my Road Champs this week and I am in love with them. Pictures will come up soon!

man, sizing was a bit tricky! i talked with kyle (rancourt) via email a few times concerning size. i measured my feet, even, and sent the measurements to him and he told me what size to get...like a fool i disregarded his advice and sized down half a size. he rec 11.5 (my right foot is a true 11.5, my left a true 11). for comparison's sake, i wear 11.5 in quoddy bluchers. since they're loafers, though, i thought i should size down half a size because there are no laces...wrong. best to go true to size, if not half a size up (to account for socks). my right foot was waaay too snug with thin uniqlo socks on. so, i told kyle and he was kind enough to take the right shoe back and stretch it out to an 11.5 all for the cost of shipping back to maine. the shoes fit perfectly now and you really can't notice that one is slightly larger that the other. of note, the leather is buttery soft and will likely stretch a bit from wear, also you should be able to have them stretched at any decent cobbler. hope this helps!

Are those rancourts? How did u size them?

Got mine about 10 days ago (blue Cromexcel)...

New shoes today.

IMG_0308.jpg

These things are so much more comfy then all the other boots i own (well, my GTs are okay now, too. After lots of wear...)

I'm really grateful I bought these off the internet, I would never have bought them in a shop because they were killing my ankles from the second I put them on. They have softened up beautifully by now.

Merzbot, those are sweet! Your pair? Mikecch - Viberg hikers look good, especially dubbed!

Now why does that not surprise me... :-)

Are these the two tone ones?

Yep, green/brown combo.

What pants are you wearing in this pic Riff? Thanks
Pretty sure those are the Monitaly waxed ducks.

Hollowsleather got it - fit pic with the Yuks:

6256192512_6612cf81bc_z.jpg

Damn RAYW44, where the hell did you find those at???

I had the luckiest find on ebay ever.

Ray~ stunning boots.

Chromexcel can be shined with regular wax and shoe cream.

Thanks Coleslaw.

I've never tried polishing my chromexcel stuff, but I would imagine it would take a few coats and some elbow grease for a nice shine.