Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

We have been working on a new website named www.buildaboot.com to better display custom boots and it has finally arrived. On our initial launch, we will be featuring White’s Boots and their Semi Dress, Standard Smoke Jumper and Northwest Smoke Jumper styles. You will be able to visually see the boot change as you make your personal choices of the attributes.

The executive staff at Baker’s Shoes has wanted create www.buildaboot.com for many years and now it’s your turn to enjoy www.buildaboot.com –

This site is not flawless at this time and we have added new leathers, toe caps and other attributes in the past few months that aren’t available on the initial phase of www.buildaboot.com - If you desire a certain leather color/type or another attribute that White’s Boots currently has, please enter your requests in the notes/comments section of your order and we’ll have your boots built to your preference.

We appreciate your business and hope you enjoy our new creation of Build A Boot!

Sincerely,

Kyle

Baker's Shoes and Clothing

www.buildaboot.com

www.bakershoe.com

Great find rayw44! Especially them soles, looks yum :)

I give a shit.

If I was there I'd have bought more, since that kind of stuff is impossible to find in my part of the world.

Vintage/repro soles & heels aren't just for collection, they're also functional.

When someone spends $500 or $1000 on a pair of footwear for the quality build & intricate details, why cheap out on the materials for subsequent re-building?

In the wrong thread to complain about Cat's Paw mate~

I'm pretty sure i've been posting in this thread longer than you've been on this board chief.

What you're basically saying is that no one is allowed to have opinions that differ from the masses? That's cool. I personally think that 75% of the reason people buy Cat's Paws is to say they have Cat's Paws on their boots and so people can jerk them off.

If you're buying a pair of boots that's $500-1000, wouldn't you think that company already put a good pair of soles on there?

Get the right size and you'll wear them every day. Super comfortable and an easy transition from sneakers due to the flat sole.

Thanks for the feedback! I'm going to try and find a pair to try on locally if I can, as I am unsure of sizing!

I have the Cat's Paws on my Indys: fwiw they are very comfortable, but they seem to be wearing quickly, and can get slippery. For our Ottawa winters, they are an improvement over the original double leather, but I think I will go to a partial commando style sole the next time around!

I'm pretty sure i've been posting in this thread longer than you've been on this board chief.

And?

What you're basically saying is that no one is allowed to have opinions that differ from the masses? That's cool. I personally think that 75% of the reason people buy Cat's Paws is to say they have Cat's Paws on their boots and so people can jerk them off.

If you're buying a pair of boots that's $500-1000, wouldn't you think that company already put a good pair of soles on there?

Not saying you can't have a different opinion, but don't you think your post was a bit harsh?

We're all here for the shoe pr0n mate, the more the better, and rayw44's post was definitely interesting to say the least.

So what if people want to have Cat's Paws for the sake of Cat's Paw love?

As I posted in the RoyxCone contest thread, most Cat's Paw are simple SBR rubber, by no means "high-performance".

But it is akin to why we like to have narrow loom fabrics and cotton threading for our denim - it's not necessarily better, but we prefer it.

Quack_Attack,

is the white's western boot an engineer with a western toe, or no strap?

Thanks for the feedback! I'm going to try and find a pair to try on locally if I can, as I am unsure of sizing!

I have the Cat's Paws on my Indys: fwiw they are very comfortable, but they seem to be wearing quickly, and can get slippery. For our Ottawa winters, they are an improvement over the original double leather, but I think I will go to a partial commando style sole the next time around!

Yeah dude, engineers are super comfortable. You won't be disappointed. I wear them way more than I ever wore my Indys. Putting commando soles on there would make sense, especially in that weather. Chicken, for those who remember him, put brown/tan commando soles on his Indys years ago.

Quack_Attack,

is the white's western boot an engineer with a western toe, or no strap?

The White's Westen boots will have pointed toe and a western stitch pattern on the upper and scallop. The Engineer will be a round toe with instep and top straps with buckels. They will be built on different lasts as well.

The White's Westen boots will have pointed toe and a western stitch pattern on the upper and scallop. The Engineer will be a round toe with instep and top straps with buckels. They will be built on different lasts as well.

so wesco is the best bet for a western/ non round toed boot it an instep?

I love Cat's Paw for its look and I can appreciate the history behind them. I'm a big fan of Lucian Bernhard and anything with his artwork is a plus for me. It's just an aesthetic that I enjoy, and it looks great with boots. This is a fashion forum after all.

Yes, they suck as heels and soles, and yes really who gives a shit. But consider them as similar to classic American cars. Those old cars are gas guzzling primitive tanks. However, people love them anyway.

I'm not saying you should care, because you are entitled to think what you want, but appreciate the fact that people dig them, whether to jerk off to or whatever.

Not sure, if this has already been posted, but is Viberg the only likely Canadian maker of the Johnny Boot for Yuketen.

http://www.superdenim.co.uk/products/1786.jpg

http://www.superdenim.co.uk/products/1786-4.jpg

Viberg makes a boot for another boot manufacturer... I'm confused?

Also, are Cat's Paws honestly shitty heels/soles? Never had any so I can't say anything. I realize people want them for the name (like anything else here), but I assumed they got that name for a reason...

I was always wondering this about Yuketen. They advertise some of their models as being made in Canada (or the USA) so it could be a possibility. I really don't know shit about boot manufacturers but doesn't someone make boots for RRL? Maybe Yuketen just created a brand image giving the impression that everything is made in-house and this isn't actually the case?

Also, are Cat's Paws honestly shitty heels/soles? Never had any so I can't say anything. I realize people want them for the name (like anything else here), but I assumed they got that name for a reason...

mine have lasted longer than the stock heels for the indy boot. could just be the amount/severity of wear, but i'm sure that i wore them with the paws more.

Cats paws are worse then vibram heels (in terms of how long they last) but on both vibram and catspaw your leather outsoles will wear out first and if you have rubber outsoles its about as good as lower quality/boot manufacture made heels. i havent noticed any difference. the problem is that age will make them inconsistant in terms of how long they last

Yeah, a lot of it is in-house. But, they have been known to go to Quoddy in the past and Made in Canada Workboot. Viberg is not that much of a stretch since Yuketen does not have a shop in Canada as far as I know. Just curious where this beautiful boot came from and went so quick.

A little much don't you think? How many boots do you own and do you plan on getting a resole every time you walk outside?

When are people going to get over Cat's Paws? I mean really, who gives a shit?

Yes, you're a genius. I plan to resole every time I step outside.

I own 5 or 6 pairs of vintage engineer boots, and I'm always buying and selling to make room for more. The new (to me) pairs often come into my possession in need of a resole. For my money, I would prefer to put a period correct sole on them rather than a newer longer lasting Vibram. And then if I happen to sell a pair in the future I get more on the return with an aesthetically pleasing sole instead of less because they have a Vibram on them.

So yes, I do have an eventual use for all of these. And buying 10 pairs of an incredibly hard to find vintage product for the original prices is probably a lot of members dreams. If someone had stumbled onto 10 pairs of 40s Levis at $6 a pair like they were in the 40s I don't think you would have said anything negative.

got my lotus back from the cobblers with a commando sole. no longer so concerned about going over on my arse every time i step on a wet flag...

which happens to me every time i step out in my mcnairy brick soled boots. potential arse over tit every time there's a drop of rain...which is a fairly frequent occurrence here in the UK.

Looking good...what was the damage, if you don't mind?

I'm flogging a pair with Itshide soles on eBay at the moment, looks as if they were resoled after some wear and then never worn again, bizarrely enough. Shame they're not my size, as I've not got the cash to get my own pair done right now...

57 quid altogether. from the local cobbler... very local as it happens - he's all of two minutes walk from my front door. :cool:

All these great engineer's boots are making me want a pair! :o

Do you find them as comfortable as lace-up boots? I always worried that there would be too much slippage...

Kayodic those engineers are so cute when they are small like yours;)

We have been working on a new website named www.buildaboot.com to better display custom boots and it has finally arrived. On our initial launch, we will be featuring White’s Boots and their Semi Dress, Standard Smoke Jumper and Northwest Smoke Jumper styles. You will be able to visually see the boot change as you make your personal choices of the attributes.

The executive staff at Baker’s Shoes has wanted create www.buildaboot.com for many years and now it’s your turn to enjoy www.buildaboot.com –

This site is not flawless at this time and we have added new leathers, toe caps and other attributes in the past few months that aren’t available on the initial phase of www.buildaboot.com - If you desire a certain leather color/type or another attribute that White’s Boots currently has, please enter your requests in the notes/comments section of your order and we’ll have your boots built to your preference.

We appreciate your business and hope you enjoy our new creation of Build A Boot!

Sincerely,

Kyle

Baker's Shoes and Clothing

www.buildaboot.com

www.bakershoe.com

Dear SuFu -

If you're in the market for White's Boots, visit www.buildaboot.com and enter: boots for the coupon code and get an extra 7% discount thru Sunday Oct. 30!

Thank you and enjoy the weekend!

Kyle

Baker's Shoes