Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

Depends, Whites SD in "normal" leather can come close to 650 CHF in Switzerland incl. shipment when ordered from Bakers and that's with the current exchange rate. In Japan, a normal pair of Whites can run for 900 USD...

Quick question for those who own shoes made of (non-white) buck: how do you care for them? Is it basically suede, or is there anything I need to be aware of?

Thanks in advance!

you can use nubuck/suede brush kit and cleaner, and aware for any liquid materials (except cleaner) that can leave stains..

hope it helps..:)

Depends, Whites SD in "normal" leather can come close to 650 CHF in Switzerland incl. shipment when ordered from Bakers and that's with the current exchange rate. In Japan, a normal pair of Whites can run for 900 USD...

Why can't you order direct from White's or Viberg, and ship them internationally? When you order from Whites, you trace your foot, and get pretty much a spot-on fit. let them know how thick your socks are. I just ordered two pairs of Horween SD for 900usd.

I was only referring to the price. American/canadian goods are way more expensive over here. Plus prices seem exagerated since the USD is so weak compared to CHF right now. And sometimes you pay >40 USD in handling fees in addition to customs.

Long story short: Custom fit and configuration really is the only reason for us to order directly, price doesn't really change.

no chance in hell. stand viberg engineers run over 6bills.

shellboots-sm.jpg

http://www.itsworn.com/post/11077916587/mouldedshoe-look-what-the-cat-dragged-in

“Look what the cat dragged in!”

This is what a Modified Last shell cordovan boot collection should look like when they have been all over the world. We are privileged whenever this ‘Pariah Dog’ is in town and he and his friends visit the shop. His band plays Central Park tonight. Check out their boots!

1 week ago

Image courtesy of "It's Worn" blog. These shell boots have been around the block.

shellboots-sm.jpg

http://www.itsworn.com/post/11077916587/mouldedshoe-look-what-the-cat-dragged-in

“Look what the cat dragged in!”

This is what a Modified Last shell cordovan boot collection should look like when they have been all over the world. We are privileged whenever this ‘Pariah Dog’ is in town and he and his friends visit the shop. His band plays Central Park tonight. Check out their boots!

1 week ago

Image courtesy of "It's Worn" blog. These shell boots have been around the block.

This pic is originally from Moulded Shoe in NYC. Does anyone have any experience with them? Looks like they do some nice custom orders with Alden. Significantly less hype than Leffot or Leather Soul it seems

This pic is originally from Moulded Shoe in NYC. Does anyone have any experience with them? Looks like they do some nice custom orders with Alden. Significantly less hype than Leffot or Leather Soul it seems

they do modified last only. it's a way different store than leffot or leather soul, much more utilitarian than designy (like those other stores are, tho no offense). they definitely do some nice things.

I was told they placed a pretty big order a couple months ago. Unless I misunderstood him, there should be a perforated cap toe boot in zug and brown chromexcel alongside the normal black and brown calf in their next shipment (which might be up to 10 months out). Unfortunately I didn't hear mention of more shell.

I was told they placed a pretty big order a couple months ago. Unless I misunderstood him, there should be a perforated cap toe boot in zug and brown chromexcel alongside the normal black and brown calf in their next shipment (which might be up to 10 months out). Unfortunately I didn't hear mention of more shell.

They are not able to order any store-designed styles in shell. The only boot option is the #8 cap toe boots (which are awesome). Alden does not allow them to create makeups in shell for no apparent reason. Anatomica in Paris has a lock on the coolest shell boot styles on the Modified last, but the up charge is insane (~1100 bucks/pair).

Please check out this thread:

http://www.styleforum.net/t/234635/alden-modified-last-if-you-wear-or-are-interested-please-read

^ What Roguls said. But for you folks in Europe, you should check out Anatomica - I have a pair of black shells on the modified last from them - fantastic stuff. Then again, prices were not as crazy a few years back..

Sorry for the noob question but how do u guys protect from raw denim transfer? Thinking about picking up a pair of Alden Indys

You don't protect, you just deal with it bro. Plus, you'll get points from homies for wearing raw jawnz and indeeezzzzzz.

You could also roll that shit up huck finn style. I'm calling it for 2012.

Sorry for the noob question but how do u guys protect from raw denim transfer? Thinking about picking up a pair of Alden Indys

Unless you got a pair of suede Aldens, you wouldn't have to worry about much (if any) color transfer. None of my jeans have bled enough to stain a dark leather boot.