Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

^ ahhh, resize please...

The Steve Alan ones have a storm welt.

The fact that the leather is from different origins makes it a completely different boot from my perspective - the evolution & wear will be quite different.

If you want a more historically accurate 685, go with the Epaulet collab with the 'crazy horse' re-tanned cattlehide.

I'll be kopping a pair of the brown horsehide once they restock :)

Just order them direct from Viberg. You just email them a photo of what you want and if you want any changes and they'll make the boot for you.

tried this twice already with no succes yet... figure third time will be a charm.

anyhow, have to ask, what leather exactly are your Vibergs (310 last) made from Kiya? Really diggin' that color...

And they aren't very helpfull with color options @ Viberg, basically told me to search the interwebs.

Thanks for the comments, rep, and general love everyone. I always told myself that I would never spend this type of money on a shoe, but it got to the point where I knew I would regret it in 2, 3, 10 years if I didn't pick them up. It's nice to have a giant group of devils advocates in my corner pushing me to spend all my money.

tried this twice already with no succes yet... figure third time will be a charm.

anyhow, have to ask, what leather exactly are your Vibergs (310 last) made from Kiya? Really diggin' that color...

And they aren't very helpfull with color options @ Viberg, basically told me to search the interwebs.

Call them on the phone and speak to them personally. They pick up right away. I just need to get off my ass and send in a tracing of my feet.

I thought it was the 'icy mocha chromexcel'

Does anyone know where I can find a pair of lotus veldt boots in a us 12? Been looking for awhile. Much appreciated.

Lotus have been defunct for some years, so eBay is your friend. You can sometimes find them listed on antique sites too - seriously!

And they'll all be sized in UK sizes, so you'll need an 11...and the shoes are a lot easier to find than the boots, relatively speaking.

I hear ya on the buckles. I have a box full of custom Okuyama buckles, so I just have to decide which ones to use. I gave a set away to some guy on here but I never got so much as an email saying thanks or even acknowledging they arrived. Was going to give some away on my blog, but decided against it after that.

Wow thats really generous of you! What a cock… Did Okuyama-san tell you when your boots will be done?

Man, you gotta go with the matte brass joints. Those will look great with the shiny black. Are you going get them done with Zip at HTC? His vintage rubber sole collection is crazy. I just got a few O'Sullivans from him recently.

is that the plain black leather from wesco?

^Coleslawyum - yeah, I'll continue to do giveaways on my blog, but I'll keep it small just because some people tend to be ungreatful. I was going to give away VLV tickets recently, but decided against it cause I'm sure they'd end up on eBay or something. No word on my boots yet :\ I can't wait. Yeah, these are going to Zip.

wgmds, yes, that' the plain black.

My Stows' just arrived back from Shoehealer today after a commando resole/heel . A fantastic job . Before and after pics below . I cannot recommend their repair service and customer service highly enough .

Before -

003-20.jpg

After -

001-30.jpg

just got some of the leather laces from White's. they're super high quality, really nice and oily. Rob at White's told me on the tour that the guy who makes these only has one customer, White's. Pretty cool.

6218671028_c1ced2106d_z.jpg

you can definitely feel the difference from the piddly semi-dress laces they send with the boots.

^ those look nice. I can't help but notice your eyelets are so close together. Are those boots big on you? I was told by white's there should be a nice gap as the leather will stretch over time....

just got some of the leather laces from White's. they're super high quality, really nice and oily. Rob at White's told me on the tour that the guy who makes these only has one customer, White's. Pretty cool.

6218671028_c1ced2106d_z.jpg

you can definitely feel the difference from the piddly semi-dress laces they send with the boots.

I just love those laces. They have just a little bit of give, which made my boots much more comfortable breaking in. They also lace SECURELY. Never had them slip, not even on hikes. With age they turn entirely brown, and they sort of blend in as a natural part of the boot. They're very strong, too, quite a bit thicker than others I've seen. I'm delighted to hear they're such a unique item.

^ those look nice. I can't help but notice your eyelets are so close together. Are those boots big on you? I was told by white's there should be a nice gap as the leather will stretch over time....

yes, they're a tad bit large around the ankle, I've spoken with white's about fixing this sometime soon. It's not that big a deal though. May end up doing a rebuild on a customized 10.5C last.