Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

My Viberg service boots after being cleaned & polished. Worn eff. for 6 months

VIBERG-1.jpg

VIBERG-4.jpg

My Viberg service boots after being cleaned & polished. Worn eff. for 6 months

VIBERG-4.jpg

Wow...those look great!

There's just something about that Viberg Svc boot that looks so damn nice. There are even days that I just may give them a slight edge in the aesthetics dept compared to the SD.

With that said, I think I'll spend my money on the SD's. A better value IMO and a seemingly simpler and more full-proof purchase method. I tried getting info and a quote for the Svc boot but didn't have much luck. Is the Svc boot a non-standard or custom model?

Either way...they look amazing. Thanks for the great images. Very drool inducing...

With that said, I think I'll spend my money on the SD's. A better value IMO and a seemingly simpler and more full-proof purchase method. I tried getting info and a quote for the Svc boot but didn't have much luck. Is the Svc boot a non-standard or custom model?

Either way...they look amazing. Thanks for the great images. Very drool inducing...

Thx :-)

As far as I know those are custom boots, at least they were custom made. Brett is very busy nowadays and overwhelmed by requests, fashion fairs in Europe ..., hence the lack of response towards you.

I can't compare with the SD's, as I have never seen (in real life) or tried a pair so far. It's not that easy here in Europe...

^Chippewa's look fantastic! CTB - coming along nicely!

Rubyblue - those are really good looking boots! I think I like that profile more than the SD as well...

Been in client meetings most of the week. Can't complain about being in air conditioned offices, since temps hit 117F here yesterday with the humidex :eek:

Took a couple of snaps of my Alden NST cigars - I'll try & get some real pics up soon...

4eb10b92.jpg

3555936b.jpg

TheBlackGoat: those boots look fucking epic! makes me even more sad about not having a boot cut pair of jawns.

riff i should neg you for those socks, but i will let it slide because of my affinity towards cigar shell :P

Looking great! Are those lowered heels?

Slightly lowered. I had the Cats Paw heel replaced, which were thicker compared to the ones fitted right now. (though temporarily, because I'm on a quest for Cats Paw again).

Maybe someone can suggest a good thick replacement heel which can be easily found (in europe)?

HH- that doesn't really look bad to me....there are two layers of leather in their welts and one looks to stop a little sooner than the other which I don't think is unusual.

Might be ok structurally but cosmetically looks like v poor quality control / workmanship . Would def put me off from purchasing .

Just seen the most beautiful pair of boots from a favourite market trader round the corner. Size 8 1/2, or 9, UK.

boot2.jpg

Boot1.jpg

They look vageuly military - they could be very old, they remind me of the ones in the window of Cordings. Welted construction. No idea of maker - they have amazing soles, made by Philips - very heavy rubber, which looks like it's pretty much indetructible. I'm an 8, somehow I think I could wear them with heavy socks, if you're comforatble (with toe wiggle room) in Stow, size 9, these would be fine with thinnish socks.

He wants £50. I would proxy as he's a nice fella. I think this is a ridiculous bargain - I've seen far inferior boots for £75, £125 or even £175...

boot3.jpg

boot4.jpg

boot5.jpg

Check out tha patina...

boot6.jpg

boot7.jpg

boot8.jpg

boot9.jpg

boot10.jpg

I don't know about the heels, I didn't notice at the time, only in the photos, my guess is that they've simply aged differently.

I was thinking since you said they might be military, I know that US combats boots are many times just matched up with the same size when they go surplus. The biggest give a way is the tread wear...