Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

]

You not still after that pair of Tricker's that we were talking about?

Dunno exactly , I have been thinking about changing my collection around and it just so happens that two good offers have appeared in the last week or so which have allowed that . I hadnt planned to buy these but thats how it goes :rolleyes: It just so happens that they got in the way of the Trickers veldts , I have them bookmarked so I will keep watching and see how they go .

First, The White's Semi-Dress in Brown Chromexcel i got from slide13 in March. I wore them last week on my vacation in the Utah mountains and they got beat up.

DSCF0378.jpg

DSCF0377.jpg

DSCF0376.jpg

And I got the Alfred Sargent Caldbeck's I ordered tonight . The construction these is amazing. Well worth the money.

DSCF0371.jpg

DSCF0374.jpg

DSCF0372.jpg

tumblr_ln71ssQWtI1qad1ef1.jpg

My Galosh boots in Cognac Cordovan, custom made by Carmina in Spain. They took some heavy abuse in Sydney before I left for Hong Kong, and now they are my go to wet weather shoe. I took to them recently with a stiff brush and a little water and got the finish to shine quite nicely.

desu

Some lovely pairs above, all outta rep...

Ethan, those are exquisite...and how're you finding the fit on the Caldbecks, smittybat? The leather sole gives them a much more refined edge than the commando...

Superdenim has some reductions on footwear that might interest people (limited sizes only, though). Tricker's monkey boots, Viberg and Yuketen all reduced:

http://www.superdenim.co.uk/saleitems.asp

tumblr_ln71ssQWtI1qad1ef1.jpg

desu

I don't think I could pull off the slender profile, but I really like the overall look. Is there a specific term for this style where the upper is shaped like spats? Julians 'The Jeweler' boots are like this as well. Alot of turn of the century boots have this look.

I don't think I could pull off the slender profile, but I really like the overall look. Is there a specific term for this style where the upper is shaped like spats? Julians 'The Jeweler' boots are like this as well. Alot of turn of the century boots have this look.

It's a Balmoral, no?

they are called balmoral boots

if you mean the design where the piece of leather goes from the front continuously to the back, that is called galosh or golosh (like modern galoshes - rubber overboots). Longwings are a type of golosh

^,^^, Thank you very much, sirs.

Welcome!

Some pretty delicious veldtschoen-looking (bespoke?) shooting boots by Holland and Holland on eBay with a BiN of £220:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250849809667&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Lovely old-fashioned profile to the boot, very similar to the Lotus Veldtschoen boots...

Some lovely pairs above, all outta rep...

Ethan, those are exquisite...and how're you finding the fit on the Caldbecks, smittybat? The leather sole gives them a much more refined edge than the commando...

The heel is a bit loose and they're really stiff. it's gonna take some work to break these in.

My Galosh boots in Cognac Cordovan, custom made by Carmina in Spain. They took some heavy abuse in Sydney before I left for Hong Kong, and now they are my go to wet weather shoe. I took to them recently with a stiff brush and a little water and got the finish to shine quite nicely.

desu

Tempted to requote! But thanks for posting, these are beautiful might be forced to go to their store in Bilbao this summer. Please do tell us more about them.

I have plan on doing AS MTO via Richard at Shoehealer.

Here'e the details:

MODEL 1

Modified "Kelso" - Similar to EG Galway

One MTO 'Kelso' Pattern (only), but Goodyear (Storm) welted Construction.

Last: AS 19

Colour, Two Tone as follows;

Lower Half of Boot (Toe Cap to Heel Counter) in Burnished Bruma

All the Top Half of Boot (including tongue) in (Dark brown or burgundy) (scotch grain or zug grain)

Lining: Natural Calf Lining (Full lining, including the tongue)

Eyelets: Standard Metal Eyelets

Sole: Double Leather Sole with Dovetail Heel Top Piece

Price: Single MTO GBP380 + VAT (shipping included), Group order (6 or more) GBP330 + VAT (Shipping included)

Color tone will look similar to:

DSC_0014.jpg

MODEL 2

Storm Welt, Micro Mid-Sole, Dainite Outsole, Punched Toe Cap.

280737_226459134053903_117393851627099_730313_588804_o.jpg

Price: GBP350 - VAT (Shipping included)

Let me know if you are interested on joining.

For MODEL 2, need immediate response, by this weekend.

me too, when i was a kid we would get on your case if you laced them the other way.

I decided to try straight european lacing today after seeing that site. I always wondered how to do it the proper way. Anyone have any links for different ways to knot your laces? I only know the way from when I was a kid.

That site mentioned above has all sorts of different lacing combos, for shoes and boots - used to use it when I was wearing adidas all day long:

http://www.fieggen.com/shoelace/

Happy knotting!

I re-learned how to tie the knot about 2 years ago now, it took an amazing amount of effort to override 30 or more years of muscle memory. The same will be true of lacing a different way.

I learned the way I do it with footie boots and then with the first of many pairs of Docs. Skins and Psychobilly's always did them straight laced in one way or another so that's what I did.

First, The White's Semi-Dress in Brown Chromexcel i got from slide13 in March. I wore them last week on my vacation in the Utah mountains and they got beat up.

DSCF0378.jpg

They look so great! Congrats!

Btw, how did the leather soles cope with a mountain env?

I can't tie laces yet so my mum will only buy me shoes with Velcro straps. It cost a fortune to get my Alfred Sargents specially customised!

where to cop? :D

aesthetics? lacing up your shoes in different ways changes how your shoes look.

as for tying your laces, it's all about finding the perfect knot - one that will remain tight as long as necessary, yet easily come undone when you need to take off your shoes... i reccomend the adapted surgeon's knot from the site above