Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

^wish i can take pix of 'em, but i'm in NYC & my friend lives in Los Angeles. they were hand-stitched using same color thread and accessing the original stitch holes. cobbler reinforced both sides of each so effect would be uniform/symmetric.

WLs are definitely on the wish list. Didn't you just get those, and you need heels already?

Back when I used to wear cowboy boots all the time, I'd wear off the side/back of the heel whilst driving. I toyed with the idea of making 'driving heels'. Basically a quick strap on heel cover to protect them when behind the wheel.

Paul those are looking so nice,

thank you.

how would you or the forum say the William Lennons rank in craft and build vs Whites, Wescos, Vibergs???

I don't own both, denimjunky might be your man here. They're certainly on a par, good leather and stitching, but they're more quirkly and distinctive - the sole is screwed on, it's more layers of thinner leather. THe toes are chunkier, and they're definitely more "british." But they have an air of quality about them, I've been asked what they are, and complimented on them, more than any other footwear I've owned.

Oh, and I scuff my heels badly, always have. These heels are perhaps softer rubber than some.

I just made the plunge...

SD in dress brown.

Natural Edge

All antique eyelets

Half Sole

Single leather

now the wait...

Nice! I just dropped an order through Baker's yesterday myself.

Semi Dress in British Tan

Brown Edge

Single midsole

Vibram 269 sole

stand trim and heel

cream lining

all antique eyelets

I'm trying a size 11. My cap toe SD are 11.5, the rest are 11's but this will be my first pair of 11s in the standard last with the reinforced celastic toe...I hope I don't wait 6-8 weeks only to find out they are too small. Also...longer wait time then I've ever had from White's, most of min have been 3-4 weeks.

Nice! I just dropped an order through Baker's yesterday myself.

Semi Dress in British Tan

Brown Edge

Single midsole

Vibram 269 sole

stand trim and heel

cream lining

all antique eyelets

I'm trying a size 11. My cap toe SD are 11.5, the rest are 11's but this will be my first pair of 11s in the standard last with the reinforced celastic toe...I hope I don't wait 6-8 weeks only to find out they are too small. Also...longer wait time then I've ever had from White's, most of min have been 3-4 weeks.

Can't wait to see both pairs! It will be my first pair of whites. I went ahead with the 10 C. I hope I did the right thing. I also went through Bakers as whites wouldn't match the price.

Hopefully in May we'll be two stylish, well footed guys.

I'm sure these aren't a new find, but the Lands' End Canvas "Leather Lace-up Boots" look surprisingly nice for $150. Anyone have any details on them (source/quality of leather, who's actually making them, whether they're actually crap in real life, etc)

Lands-End-Canvas-Boots.jpg

Some good-looking worn photos, shamelessly stolen from http://andrewjhong.blogspot.com/

Click photos for effing massive versions

5477633361_3f6accc275_z.jpg

5478231854_e2bb00b878_z.jpg

I don't own both, denimjunky might be your man here. They're certainly on a par, good leather and stitching, but they're more quirkly and distinctive - the sole is screwed on, it's more layers of thinner leather. THe toes are chunkier, and they're definitely more "british." But they have an air of quality about them, I've been asked what they are, and complimented on them, more than any other footwear I've owned.

Oh, and I scuff my heels badly, always have. These heels are perhaps softer rubber than some.

Yes, much thinner leather and lighter boots overall. Very very beautiful and its quality all around. Im wearing them a lot lately since spring is already here in Barcelona when I prefer a cooler boot.

Can't wait to see both pairs! It will be my first pair of whites. I went ahead with the 10 C. I hope I did the right thing. I also went through Bakers as whites wouldn't match the price.

Hopefully in May we'll be two stylish, well footed guys.

Congratulations! I'm itching to order some myself.....

If anyone is interested in my bounty hunters, now is the time to PM me because I think I might stick them up on ebay this week.

Just received my pair of custom Viberg boots. Chromexcel uppers, Vibram sole and Cat's Paw heels.

DSC00842.jpg

nice, is that the work toe?

from vibergs blog:

mg_5082.jpg?w=472&h=709

those brown boots are pretty much what I'm looking for judging from this pic, more pics would be cool though

I am not sure who has dealt with Russell either than Morse and Riff (from remembering previous posts) but what is the sizing like?

I was looking at their Sale PDF and they have some pretty good deals.

I am a 9.5 in Wallabees, usually a 10 in nike and vans and I have size 9 in two pairs of Daytons.

congrats with the road champs marineabilly, they look amazing!

stumbled across some lesser know Japanese brands that also sell boots; i wonder if they produce them inhouse or have a Japanese bootsmaker build them

Lost Control engineer boots (love the double stitching and profile)

30052137_o3.jpg?20110310161738

30052137.jpg?20110310161738

d0100143_2252167.jpg

Rolling Dub Trio Coupen (seriously ridiculous soles!; love them or hate them; i think they look cool)

rdt10ss-04-f.jpg

rdt10ss-04-sole.jpg

rdt10ss-04-b.jpg

rdt10ss-04-tip.jpg

Yes, much thinner leather and lighter boots overall. Very very beautiful and its quality all around. Im wearing them a lot lately since spring is already here in Barcelona when I prefer a cooler boot.

thanks paul, and denim..

looking forward to seeing more photos of them from you.

I just made the plunge...

SD in dress brown.

Natural Edge

All antique eyelets

Half Sole

Single leather

now the wait...

After reading through this entire thread over the last few weeks, that's just about the spec I'm after. The only difference would be to add antique hooks & eyelets. I went through this winter with the 1K Mile boots which weren't bad at all, I actually like how they are breaking in. However, after seeing all the images posted (like Slide13's) the SD is definitely my next boot.

Look forward to seeing yours!

I am not sure who has dealt with Russell either than Morse and Riff (from remembering previous posts) but what is the sizing like?

I was looking at their Sale PDF and they have some pretty good deals.

I am a 9.5 in Wallabees, usually a 10 in nike and vans and I have size 9 in two pairs of Daytons.

I have russells and I got half a size up from Alden trubalance. Mine are a 9.5E and I believe I wear a 10 in vans but I'd have to check when I get home. I also wear a 9.5 in redwing and my 9E White's are very snug.