Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

Where's it snowing? In the valley? That is like the 2nd time this year :eek:.

What are the ones on the far left Doc? MFRC's?

on your far left ? you are right. MF Road Champs.

They say "Wesco" on them I believe. But I'm a lilllllldrunk.

This is on their left, and you are right too. Wesco Boss

And in the middle ? any idea? it is current production, english, .... Lewis Leather.

I agree, Julian's don't seem to be of significantly better quality that SDs. I would not have bought these at anything like full price. At the same price point though I could go either way. The Julian's certainly are insanely comfortable, much more so than new White's.
So where from did you get them?

From a local consignment shop that specializes in high end clothing. Usually they have lots of Prada crap and the like, but sometimes they turn up some good LVC and RRL stuff, or even Japanese denim.

entertainment! & TheRat- thanks, I'm on the trail of the Alden laces.

From a local consignment shop that specializes in high end clothing. Usually they have lots of Prada crap and the like, but sometimes they turn up some good LVC and RRL stuff, or even Japanese denim.

you can just call up one of the Alden stores - madison Ave in NYC - or whatever that one is in San Fran - they should be able to send you the waxed cotton laces. I did that, it cost me $6, but was definitely worth it.

seen here: 5118566410_1718c49d08_z.jpg

What's the name of the store?

I picked these up last summer and the pics were taken after a month or two of wear. Allen Edmonds Tresana, from their now discontinued Seven line.

I tried on a pair in black for size and the Freeport, ME outlet had these shipped to me from the Madison Ave. store. The color is gorgeous in person. It's called Cabernet Brown.

I liked this model when they came out a few yrs ago but felt that the MSRP of $595 was too high for AE's...even made in Italy AE's.

After markdown and sale, they came down to just over $200.

DSC_7286j.jpg

DSC_7284j.jpg

Could danner go out of their element and bite whites any harder. can't wait til this 'americana' trend dies.

Well, the "Americana" trend has been going strong in Japan for 20+ years. You might be waiting a while for it to go anywhere there. On the home front, I think it's just getting started.

But I'm confused as to how a US boot company w/ a rich history of high-quality boots is somehow going out of their element to create a "semi-dress" style (pun intended)? How is it different from Red Wing or VIberg or Wolverine?

red wing, viberg and wolver (though not as much as others) kept with their aesthetic. Furthermore danner developed its own specific style and method and these boots are scrapping those because these will make em a boatload of cash. It isnt in line with what the company likes to do though, and isnt true to their aesthetic or ethos.

^ @heinrich BCN - sometimes I just save a bunch of photos I like and forget to note certain things. I do know they are from Japan. I'll try and search for them again and let you know who makes them.

Cheers!

Thanks a lot, was guessing you might have some better things to do in Camp Leatherneck. Just didn't want to let the info slip by.

DocBlue, have you applied any type of conditioner or dye on your Road Champs at all since your purchase? I only ask, becuase weren't they an olive color when you first purchased? Or did they just transform into their current dark color?

Other people say the there is a natural color transformation over time, but am curious about your experience.

Thanks!

Red Wing 8inch loggers

bought in 2002 at Reeder Farm Supplies in Pontotoc, MS, worn ever since, freshly oiled with mink oil

e1795785.jpg

bb5c17ec.jpg

9d4f5547.jpg

second set of laces, SuperSole still going strong, usually there is not much love around here for the SuperSole, but still I love them

disclaimer: shot with my iphone, sorry for the poor quality

Pointing out that danner is trying to jump on the Americana gravy train is like pointing out that viberg is trying to jump on the butt-fucking-ugly boots gravy train with boots like this:

home_slide_scout.jpg