Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

You shouldn't post those here. It has been exposed by demonito and another prominent sufu poster (who shall remain nameless) that those boots are worthless and nothing compared to vibergs. Apparently the person that makes those is a complete fraud as relayed by viberg himself.

Of course I am just kidding. Those are lovely boots.

those are some very cool looking engineer boots Rayw44. which toe last did you get to resemble the narrows? (since narrow last is not available outside Japan)

Thanks! I went with the Motor Patrol toe, which, if not identical to the Narrow Wesco last, is almost identical.

Roy6: these are insanely sick!

If it werent for the ridiculously sick price...

I guessIm not fetisch enough. :rolleyes:

Just got my new SDs burgundy. Pics will follow.

Dude, you are fetish enough. How many pairs of white's have you sprung for recently? Although, Julians are twice the price of white's SDs, but they definitely are not twice as good.

Dude, you are fetish enough. How many pairs of white's have you sprung for recently? Although, Julians are twice the price of white's SDs, but they definitely are not twice as good.

True true. I almost expected that to be said.

Got 4 SDs. :eek: Love em all.

The only other boot Id really like is a kinda Julian. 1200bucks for a pait of boots is just plain stupid. And as you say, white's are more bang for the buck.

I really dig that patina and the double leather sole and not to mention the medallion cap toe on those Julians!

True true. I almost expected that to be said.

Got 4 SDs. :eek: Love em all.

The only other boot Id really like is a kinda Julian. 1200bucks for a pait of boots is just plain stupid. And as you say, white's are more bang for the buck.

I really dig that patina and the double leather sole and not to mention the medallion cap toe on those Julians!

I don't believe a boot similar to the bowery boot is $1200 though. A pair in shell will run you about 1100, but one very similar to the bowery in a normal cowhide is like $800. Still very expensive and still I think White's are great and it is hard to justify that kinda cash on a boot.

I agree, Julian's don't seem to be of significantly better quality that SDs. I would not have bought these at anything like full price. At the same price point though I could go either way. The Julian's certainly are insanely comfortable, much more so than new White's.

Yeah, I see your point. The soles are especially bright in the original version. Can't shake the feeling that they need different laces, though. Something like those flat waxed dark brown laces that Alden uses on its jumper boots, maybe?

They really are beautiful boots, nonetheless.

Yeah, I see your point. The soles are especially bright in the original version. Can't shake the feeling that they need different laces, though. Something like those flat waxed dark brown laces that Alden uses on its jumper boots, maybe?

They really are beautiful boots, nonetheless.

I've been looking for some new laces, actually. The linen laces these come with are really annoying- they slip and knot up in microseconds. Does Alden sell those jumper boot laces separately?

I agree, Julian's don't seem to be of significantly better quality that SDs. I would not have bought these at anything like full price. At the same price point though I could go either way. The Julian's certainly are insanely comfortable, much more so than new White's.

So where from did you get them?

And don't forget to account for what socks you prefer wearing with your boots. I generally like the mid-to-heavier weight smartwool ones. With a lighter sock, I could probably go down 1/2 a size in my Aldens as well...

+1 on this... The socks are important. I picked up about 6 pairs of Smartwool Light Cushion Socks on Sierra Trading Post for about $6 each. The are 2nds but I wasn't too concerned about that. Socks can make a difference in fit.

^Couldn't agree more. I don't know what they do to the wool, but it doesn't itch at all. I wear them year round, even on the hottest summer days because they wick so well.

roy6--I just bought some of the flat brown waxed Alden laces for my Indy boots at the Alden shop on Madison in NYC. I think erk said he ordered some over the phone from them and they mailed them to him. I bet the Alden shop in SF would have them though.